XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone's interested, but in an idle moment recently I asked the Autoglym help desk what product would be best for polishing/cleaning the interior wood and aluminium in the XF. Their suggestion is Instant Show Shine - it works very nicely - v.small quantity required though! You may notice that you need a small brush to clean out the little groove in the collar around the gear selector.

Also, I wasn't quite sure if the dash is actually leather but Autoglym leather cleaner works well on it and easily removed a grease spot that the dealership had missed on delivery.

I had a very nasty dealership sticker in the back window - they must be very difficult to get on properly - this one had an air bubble and wasn't quite straight and... it was bright yellow - Lancaster Jaguar - (excellent in all other respects)! I have never removed one of these before and actually feel that they make a rear window look complete, but it had to come off - apart from anything else, it didn't help at all with rear visibility and with salt-caked roads you quickly find the camera gets covered in it, and it spoiled the appearance anyway. I had read somewhere that you needed a Stanley knife blade which I didn't fancy - I also felt that a solvent would just make a horrible mess which would be tricky to clean up in that awkward space, so I tried a tip I found on the net and used a hairdryer and the edge of my Tesco clubcard - 2 minutes' work and no residue. (The net tip didn't specify the Tesco card of course - any plastic card will do!!)
Martin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Martin said:
I had a very nasty dealership sticker in the back window - they must be very difficult to get on properly - this one had an air bubble and wasn't quite straight and... it was bright yellow - Lancaster Jaguar
Hi Martin, thanks for the brush and polishing tips. I might use those one day :D

Anyhow, onto nasty dealership stickers, ever since I had my first car, I have always removed these on taking delivery. Some dealers place a small sticker inside the front screen too. Overall, I think fewer dealers do this now, perhaps it reached a peak in the 1980s or 90s.

I think they have a cheek placing their advert on the vehicle I have paid my good money for. And making it difficult to remove. Perhaps you should send a copy of your posting to this site to the Lancaster dealer principal, and ask for his comments about a customer having to be so ingenious to remove the unwanted obtrusive advert they placed without permission, on your vehicle and made it so difficult to remove. And you say it affected your rearward vision, which is a safety issue too. Is this "putting the customer first"?

Even now, despite the law on UK reg plates that must have the plate maker and postcode on every such plate, I dislike the dealers gaining a free advert and charging me for the plate.

Oh well, there are more important things in life. Just popped into this forum for a few mins . . . . .

Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts