XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming up to the time for renewing my insurance.
anyone got any suggestions or had any remarkable money saving quotes ???.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi :D

Done mine about a month ago full comp, protected no claim bonus, breakdown cover to inc court car,audio cover to £1000,windscreen cover me as main driver to inc wife :x £228 ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
JACKAROO said:
Hi :D

Done mine about a month ago full comp, protected no claim bonus, breakdown cover to inc court car,audio cover to £1000,windscreen cover me as main driver to inc wife :x £228 ;)

Hi JACKAROO, Who did you use for your insurance?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That certainly looks like a good deal GARYXF , best i have so far is privilege .. comp, protected @ £ 337.
looks like might be a change to swiftcover who are quoting £269.
cheers for your comments guys.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Be very careful when getting insurance quotes from confused.com and comparethemarket.com and the like. They will quote you for a basic car. Therefore you are insured only to the value limit of your basic model (even if you have GAP insurance). You need to make sure that any options you have on the car are declared as modifications or they are not covered and in the event of a total loss or damage they will not be paid out or repaired. This includes metallic paint.

An awful lot of people with option based spec cars are driving round underinsured and this is often why quotes vary wildly between one driver and another.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very good point Craig, I will certainly be ringing my Ins broker just to check...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you tried a quote from Jaguar Insurance? The best quote I had when I bought the car was from them and it seems to be very comprehensive as you would expect. Two months later I received a M & S voucher for £25 which brought a years insurance down to about £500 about £200 cheaper than Norwich Union the insurers of my previous 3.0 X Type Estate.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Crikey, Foxtrot, those seem likely seriously high numbers! Certainly a good bit higher than mine, even though I am renewing right on the back of a significant accident claim.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What are the major factors affecting premiums? I believe I'll be looking at an annual premium of between £500 - £550. What stops me getting a sub £300 quote like some others?

Is it age (38)?
Annual Mileage (15,000)
Useage (business travel included)
Location (Bristol suburbs)

(I have full 9+ years no claims, no endoresements)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is that really the best you can find using the online comparison sites, Growler? You sound like a typical sensible grown-up customer.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Growler said:
What are the major factors affecting premiums? I believe I'll be looking at an annual premium of between £500 - £550. What stops me getting a sub £300 quote like some others?

Is it age (38)?
Annual Mileage (15,000)
Useage (business travel included)
Location (Bristol suburbs)

(I have full 9+ years no claims, no endoresements)
Do i need to mention it again? modifications! anything that is fitted to your car over and above the standard luxury or premium luxury specification (even metallic paint) is a modification and should be declared. If you dont (and i suspect this is how people are getting quotes of £200) then you are underinsured and i wish you good luck if you have the unfortunate requirement to make a claim.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am being charged around £550 with 18k miles, 11 years protected NCB on a 3.0D Portfolio. I expect this to go up a bit in September when I renew due to the change to the 3.0 (got charged an extra £35 for the two months to September).

Regarding extras I have always told the insurer that price I paid and when asked about modifications I have always said only manufacturers extras, they normally ask if there are any modifications to the engine and I say no, I hope this is enough Craig.

·
Registered
618 Posts
^ no its not. If you want to be fully covered you need to list all of the things that are options over and above standard spec so you might mention your wheels, audio, heated steering wheel, cooled seats etc. Unless you do any repair or replacement vehicle either will not touch or will not have those items.

I seriously suggest that everyone who has not mentioned all of this to their companies ring them on monday and read them a list of all of their factory fit options.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Steamdreamer said:
Is that really the best you can find using the online comparison sites, Growler? You sound like a typical sensible grown-up customer.
Afraid So!

@ Craig - my quotes of around £550 are based on a non-modified car based on your definition - i.e. Metalic paint, heated seats etc not seperately specified.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts