XF Forum banner
281 - 300 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have just had my first renewal quote for my 2013 XFR with Tesco for £399.
I thought the quote was quite good (£30 cheaper than last year), but I thought I would do a quick comparison check and had wildly different quotes £270 up to £11,000!!!!!!! Yep, that really is eleven thousand pounds per year.
These were all based on a like for like comparison.
Funniest think was the £270 quote was from Tesco.
1 quick phone call today and Tesco will match their own quote.
My other half has the £120 spent already, lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's not funny. It's just typical of everyone in the financial services industry assuming you are a mug and trying to rip you off. Apparently it is legal (neither the Ombudsman nor Advertising Standards are interested) but it's certainly unethical and immoral.

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's not funny. It's just typical of everyone in the financial services industry assuming you are a mug and trying to rip you off. Apparently it is legal (neither the Ombudsman nor Advertising Standards are interested) but it's certainly unethical and immoral.
Did Tesco give you a reason for the difference delboy?
When it happened to me with LV when there was a £100 difference, they said “The online company are a different company Sir, I advise you to check the conditions and if you are happy accept their offer!”
Once I complained to a cruise company when their prices dropped to almost half the original price, I was told “This is normal High Street practice Sir”.
In other words we fleece the top line first then move down the list.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The main reason for the difference in price given was that the original quote was based on the new value, where the online quote is based on the 1 year old value. Just a lame excuse really, as they would only ever have paid out on the car value at the time of any claim.
My thought is that they are taking advantage of the unwary, so moral is it is always best to check for the best deal

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Good quote. I just checked mine and its £302 on a like for like with no additional excess and protected no claims. This is with Churchill. Was with Aviva, whom I liked but they increased it to £480 so it was time to change. Such a crazy system where those looking for new business discount more than the rewards? For being a loyal customer. Just forces people to keep changing!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine expires in April.

£331 is the cheapest so far with LV, ten year protected no-claims(£351, includes courtesy car).

I won't be using this one, as I have heard bad things about some companies when it comes time to pay up (LV are one).
Just posting for forum comparison.
This is for 13,000 average mileage and includes 2,500 business miles.
If kept on drive (actually garaged) with fitted JagTracker.

[is it me, or is there something seriously wrong with the forum code which makes typing online extremely difficult?]

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine expires in April.

£331 is the cheapest so far with LV, ten year protected no-claims(£351, includes courtesy car).

I won't be using this one, as I have heard bad things about some companies when it comes time to pay up (LV are one).
Just posting for forum comparison.
This is for 13,000 average mileage and includes 2,500 business miles.
If kept on drive (actually garaged) with fitted JagTracker.

[is it me, or is there something seriously wrong with the forum code which makes typing online extremely difficult?]
That was a surprise to hear that, especially as the which magazine recommend LV. I have personally not heard anything bad about them..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Red

Re your question about typing problems, see the latest thread in the Site Help section.

Richard

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just renewed with Aviva, renewal came in at £405 and after a quick call reduced to £348.30. Comparison sites came in at £500 -£650?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have just taken out my first insurance policy for my XF, in anticipation of taking delivery of it on Monday. New R-Sport, 3.0L. Previously had a multi-car policy with Admiral, for a Citroen C4 (the car being replaced) and a Mitsubishi ASX. To change the 1.4L Citroen C4 to the Jag, they wanted an extra £307 for the remaining 11 months of the policy! The overall cost works out at £470 for the year.

Went on comparison sites and guess who was the cheapest? Yup, Admiral, for much less than quoted to change current policy. However, they were pretty good about it. I had some equally close quotes from other companies, so I was prepared to leave them. They let me cancel my old policy, waived the £47.50 fee and I ended up paying only about £40 more than I did for the Citroen (for a full year). With the multi-car discount, but not including the premium for the Mitsubishi, it works out at £277 for the XF alone, including my wife as a named driver. I am 33, with 11 years no-claims. My wife is 26, with 8 years no-claims.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal. I'm 34 with 14 years no claims and the cheapest I could get it for this year was £335 with AXA, and that's on a 2.2D, but I guess I pay a premium for living in the South East near London

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just checked out insurance groups. The Citroen C4 is 10. The XF is a 45 (for my model). Pretty chuffed at only increasing my premium by £40 with that in mind!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine expires in April.

..........cheapest so far with LV, ten year protected no-claims(£351, includes courtesy car).

I've been insured with them for car and home for at least ten years...................never a single problem with a claim.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Begs the question, how many claims have you had :D
Yes, of course I could see that one coming!
Suffice to say I have found that claims are efficiently settled in-house without a loss adjusting third party company and it's all done by phone requiring no form filling at all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Having a positive claims experience is one of the biggest indicators that someone will stay with their existing insurer - and therefore a good reason to tweak up the premium...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Having a positive claims experience is one of the biggest indicators that someone will stay with their existing insurer - and therefore a good reason to tweak up the premium...
Yes that is often the case with all insurance companies of course but my positive reply was in answer about LV to someone who intend to avoid taking up a 'cheapest' LV quote simply to avoid them because of perceived bad press on claim settlement!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just received the renewal for my XF - £319

That's for a XF 3.0D Luxury, Value £16K, 20K miles per year, inclusive of Business use, Me only to drive
I am 44 years young, Full Licence for 27 years, No Claims or convictions, IAM member for 26 years, and live in the middle of nowhere!
4 years Protected NCD

I thought that the renewal was pretty reasonable

But,

I'm interested in a re-map, so I gave them the details as provided to me in Celtic's quote.
"No Sir, our underwriters will not accept any modification that increases the car's original BHP by over 10%"

Any ideas????

I've tried both of the Insurance companies that advertise on here
One wanted to charge over £800 !!!!
The other quoted £460, which is still almost 50% on top of my quoted renewal.

Any guidance gratefully received !!

Jon

281 - 300 of 310 Posts