XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Its nearly a year since i got my XF and its time to renew the insurance-what are the recommendations for a great deal-which brokers do you use and what do you pay???(if you dont mind me asking).

I am 44yrs and have zero points presently so any comparables with that would be good.

Thanks in advance

Reecy

·
Registered
765 Posts
Re: insurance renewal time again

Best deal I could get last August at age 67 was with Churchill £367.00 fully comp protected no claims £150 excess,enhanced hire car etc.I was unfortunate to have a rear end no fault of mine collision a couple of weeks ago and Churcill handled the whole thing very well and my Xf is back having been repaired by a Jaguar approved bodyshop and repair comes with a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts

I'm 62, full no claims, protected bonus, £200 excess, car garaged, 10,000 miles a year, I pay £348 a year with Esure.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Mine is more at £640, but that is with NFU who have won "Best Insurer" for the last four years.

You pays your money and takes your choice.

·
Registered
16 Posts

£491.40 with Direct Line... I'm 68, full no claims, have 3 points.

A search on 'GoCompare' gave the cheapest quote at £690.00 so Direct Line aren't bad...

Terence

·
Registered
294 Posts

Isn't it weird - enormous percentage variations with nothing very material to justify the differences as far as I can see.

I wonder why the NFU one is so high - whatever may have happened in polls, the market should be too competitive for them to get away with that. There's the Churchill experience already mentioned, and Zurich were equally good at dealing with the damage to Felicity, though I fear it was all my fault even though I blame the French for inadequate lighting in an underground car park in Toulouse.

·
Registered
62 Posts

51, full NCB, clean licence, Tesco £350.00 & points

·
Registered
100 Posts

The best way i've found to conduct insurance renewals (and i've worked for a few insurance companies) is to:

A) Use the generic comparison websites - take the top 2-3 quotes
B) Then get quotes from Direct Line etc and those companies who don't use those websites in A)

C) go back to your current insurance company with the cheapest quote and tell them that if they can go cheaper, you'll renew with them for another year.

I do this and i pay £600 with privilege. I'm 30, no points, 4yrs no claims and ALL my mods are declared on my insurance (remap, tyres & suspension)

·
Registered
43 Posts

I'm 44 Shropshire in equal cheapest postcode area, 3 points, wife insured too £230 fully protected NCD with swift!
No silly excesses either
Beat that

·
Registered
403 Posts

I (38yrs, 0 pts, Bristol) Paid £525 to Swiftcover - includes wife (3 points) as named driver*, Full NCD, Protected NCD & Legal Cover. 20,000 miles per year & business use included).

Points to note - adding my wife (who has three points) as a named driver actually made the premium drop - she has never & will never drive my XF.

Look at various comparison websites - I tried gocompare, comparethemarket, and moneysupermarket with quite wide differences on the premiums from the same companies with the same details.

·
Registered
306 Posts

wru-xf said:
I'm 44 Shropshire in equal cheapest postcode area, 3 points, wife insured too £230 fully protected NCD with swift!
No silly excesses either
Beat that
yes I can beat that, South Wales UK No points, age 66, protected no claim with swiftcover £224, what helps is the limited annual miles of 3K.

gary

·
Registered
67 Posts

Can beat the last two figures but I have been with LV (Liverpool Victoria) for the last 4 years. The renewal in january will be £298 fully comp and protected NCD £250 xs. Im 61 with a clean licence. Also includes foriegn use. Cant fault them
David

·
Registered
70 Posts

I'm 43 with full NCD. £305 with Bell, 12k mpa, protected NCD, legal cover and business use. I've been with Bell for years, but at renewal in December they quoted nearer £500. Looked at the comparison sites and rang them saying, 'Sorry I'm going to have to leave you after all these years...' They matched the better quote at once :D And yes, putting the wife on as a named driver reduces the premium, but she's scared to drive it!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

I too have just received my insurance renewal which has rocketed to £498.

I have spent the last half an hour typing details into various insurance websites, including those mentioned above, and the conclusions are interesting. I could only find one insurer who would provide a quote for less than £400 and that was Swiftcover. But not only is it less than £400 - it is less than £300 :!:

I know quite a few of you also have found their insurance cheaper, but I wonder why it is so much less :?:
Mind you I suppose I'd best take it quick before they change their minds :)

·
Administrator
22,471 Posts

I had Swiftcover last year; this year they were beaten by Sheila's Wheels, and no you don't have to be a "sheila" to be a customer. :lol:
Swiftcover benefit from not having to print and post certificates etc, getting you to print out your own documents online.
That must save a lot of money which no doubt they use to enable them to be competitive :)

·
Registered
225 Posts

Age 45, Full No Claims, £574.00 with Aviva on my XFR

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

pekem said:
I had Swiftcover last year; this year they were beaten by Sheila's Wheels, and no you don't have to be a "sheila" to be a customer. :lol:
Swiftcover benefit from not having to print and post certificates etc, getting you to print out your own documents online.
That must save a lot of money which no doubt they use to enable them to be competitive :)
Well pekem, you must have worked your masculine charm on Sheila's Wheels as they wished to relieve me of £463.
Clearly my eye patch and metal hook must affect my premium :eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts

I'm with More>Than £344 Full No claims £250 excess. Aged 44.

raregrin said:
Well pekem, you must have worked your masculine charm on Sheila's Wheels as they wished to relieve me of £463.
Clearly my eye patch and metal hook must affect my premium
What a fine pair you would make in the XF Pantomine. :lol:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

Has anyone any idea why adding a spouse reduces the premium and is it reduced by an appreciable amount :?:

Unfortunately my wife does not drive so I cannot take advantage of this loophole.
However, would any of your wives care to join my poilcy :?:
Perhaps it might pay to have a 'floating forum wife' for such occasions ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts

No idea why it reduces the premium - especially as my Wife has 3 points on her license whilst I have none.

Reduction in premium for me was around £40 iirc - definately worth having.

1 - 20 of 310 Posts