XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See the manual page 105 shows a picture with Inst Fuel...

I know the previous S-type had this as does the XJ, but the XF seems to be missing it. Sure there's the 'auto trip' thing but thats not the same as a dynamic instant MPG reading, sometimes fun to see what sort of MPG you're doing under full acceleration or even when coasting!

[attachment=0:2owiv8o1]Img_1450p.jpg[/attachment:2owiv8o1]

Other than the (mock up) picture there's no other reference to Inst Fuel.. I wonder why they chose to reduce the functionality over previous vehicles !?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I did have an S Type and I can't recall exactly the specific manner in which the meter operated.
Is there a difference between the operation of the one on the S Type and the BMW Econometer :?:
I have always thought the BMW meter was more instant. I do remember it appeared that I was able to drive in to High Wycombe for nothing but it would cost a fortune going out again. :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the S-Type it was a case of tabbing through the display options with the stalk on the left-hand side - as with the XF. Only on the S-Type you had the additional option of instant reading. I did find it useful so wonder why it was dropped in the XF. The fact it's in the manual does suggest that it had been intended. Perhaps there's an upgrade???

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe it was deleted because most people found it of little use/ didn't understand how it operated. A friend in the know advises that it might be re-introduced but 'tweaked' slightly to limit the data update time so that the reading doesn't change quite so quickly as it did before?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts