XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

From my tag you will know me to be the owner of the lemon XF, a car that spent 27 days of the first month of ownership back in the garage. I have it back now, just hope I have no more problems.

In the interim I have received no fewer than 4 questionnaires asking my opinion from Jaguar and the dealership. To top it all the last one I received in the post asked me to fill out the questionnaire but very helpfully (because I am a complete numpty with no free will) highlights hopefully you will be able to mark us "outstanding" and feel comfortable in "definitely recommending" us to family and friends.

I cant remember the last time I saw such a blatant attempt to skew feedback. At work we operate a Net Promoter Score system which only works if the feedback is honest and unbiased. It then says if you feel you cant score them with this please contact us, i.e give us a chance to chane your mind before you actually give us a bad mark!

You can imagine I will be looking to the opposite end of the spectrum to the outstanding and definitely recommending options!

Cheers

CP

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have had the same with my too long visits same result. Some dealer franchises may be to big for Jaguar to have a real go at, anyway jaguar should be selling their own cars through their own dealerships TaTa is big enough to do it, now that would be cool.

gary

·
Registered
618 Posts
To be honest I dont know any manufacturers of volume that sell directly through their own dealerships. Franchising has been the way for years. I do agree though that if they were Jaguar employees you would get a better service. (I have said this before)

Im my opinion I dont get upset by the surveys but I do make a point of filling them in and being honest. If we get upset and throw them away then they will never know what makes us unhappy. Use the questionaires to highlight that you are unhappy with the attempt to skew, I have.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mercedes were thinking of it a while back their idea was to open up 3 centres of excellance 1 north 1 south and 1 in the middle, but the kick back they got from the dealers must have been huge because they scrapped the idea but they do have loads of dealers. I did read about it at the time and it came about because of poor customer relations mainly sparked by the motoring press. I know that BMW have a big hold on their dealers, some have gone by the wayside because they would not follow the BMW instructions like decor etc, my local one has changed hands 4 times in recent times.

gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts