XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have just ordered my first Jag, an XF 3.0 D in Ultimate black with all the bling on, chrome vents, chrome door mirrors, Aero pack with LED Blades, (I know, not to everyones taste).
Anyway, I was just wondering if the interior blue lighting extends into the rear of the cabin also, i.e. on the rear doors.
Will hopefully get some pics on here as soon as it arrives, should be about the end of September.

James.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum JTAdams :)
Now yours is a car that I personally can't wait to see; such a long wait till the end of September.
It will look really magnificent with all the extras, some will say. :)
As you have said, you will not please everyone but all will want to see it I am sure.
Good question about the mood lighting in the back; I can't answer because I am ashamed to say I have never occupied a rear seat at anytime, never mind when it is dark because I just love being the driver :lol:

By the way, you are now on the Roll of Honour
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707&p=5335#p5335

·
Registered
628 Posts
JT, my previous BMW and Audi both had "mood lighting" which extended to the rear cabin. I cannot imagine that Jaguars doesnt do the same.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only mood lighting in the back as far as I am aware is the blue lighting on the window switches, however they are not illuminated if they have been disabled by the driver (i.e. to stop children opening the windows).

·
Registered
425 Posts
As far as I am aware the only mood lighting in the rear is by the switches.

My Audi did have mood lighting in the rear, just a red glow from under the rear door armrests. I believe it was part of the Extended Cabin Light package.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually if you request the full Chavuar package they will not only provide mood lighting in the now jacked up rear but also a full blue strobe a la Knightrider at the front.

...I'm joking. I just don't like the smilies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As Iceman says, the only mood lighting in the back is on the switches. It should be pointed out that the illuminated door sills come as front only and does not include the rears, even at that price, much to my disappointment.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Does not look like the mood lighting is in the rear, just in the front as mentioned, ah well.
Can't wait for it to arrive now, have already read the owners manuals....twice.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Graham said:
As Iceman says, the only mood lighting in the back is on the switches. It should be pointed out that the illuminated door sills come as front only and does not include the rears, even at that price, much to my disappointment.
First time Ive ever seen this. Jag goofed!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts