• 5.Spectrum Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In response to a number of requests a poll has now been added to discover your favourite three colours.
Above is a list of the colours which, sadly because of the constraints on the system is limited to just 7, out of the 14 available, and in order to record all colours a continuation post is required.
Show me appears as an option. This is included so that the usual requirement to vote before seeing results is worked around.
Plainly, those using the other page would not see the results of the first and so on. I hope this works or it is back to the drawing board :?
Unless you are a "Jaguar Showroom Lizard" or a "Showroom Finger Polisher" you may not be very familiar with the latest XF, XFR excluded, colours so below is a link to the Jaguar web site which displays them. I have to say I think, if in real life the colours of the cars looked like those on the site we would have real difficulty picking just one, never mind three :)

All remaining colours are on the continuation page, link below It would be best if you record your choice, if desired, over the two pages. Eg. Favourite 1 Ultimate Black, this page, second Claret, the other page and finally Botanical Green this page.
Sorry about that, but it is a pain being limited to just ten choices per page and this way we will get the results faster :)

All the remaining colours are on this page: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1186

Jaguar web site colours:

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/uk/en/xf/models ... tfolio.htm

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry pekem, I don't get it :?

Looks like you're asking to choose favourite three colours, but they are exclusive options, and can you only vote once?

Also not sure why there's a 'Show me' option because you can click 'view results' underneath the vote button to see results, can't you? :|

Maybe I'm just being a bit dim this morning :)

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith Hall said:
Sorry pekem, I don't get it :?

Looks like you're asking to choose favourite three colours, but they are exclusive options, and can you only vote once?

Also not sure why there's a 'Show me' option because you can click 'view results' underneath the vote button to see results, can't you? :|

Maybe I'm just being a bit dim this morning :)
A better explanation would be that I was asleep, look at the time of posting :!:
Options default is 1 and I forgot to change it; I have now :oops:
I thought you could only see the results if you entered a selection. If your selection of three is on just one page then you would not be able to see the results on the page you did not select on. Maybe that's wrong, someone will have to try it who can make a selection on just one page. Obviously we do want to observe the selection of just three even though I suppose in theory one could vote 6 times. Maybe might first thought of two separate polls and then a run off was right; don't know :?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thank god it was you changing it around - I repled to the post then refreshed and it was immediately changed from radio buttons to checkboxes, I thought I was going mad! :lol:

Ah well I'll go vote the other two colours on the 2nd poll now assuming that has been changed :roll:

Then it's car wash day if the rain holds off :)

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith Hall said:
Thank god it was you changing it around - I repled to the post then refreshed and it was immediately changed from radio buttons to checkboxes, I thought I was going mad! :lol:

Ah well I'll go vote the other two colours on the 2nd poll now assuming that has been changed :roll:

Then it's car wash day if the rain holds off :)
Sorry to spook you ;)
Anyway, good news is that I have just checked the weather for Warrington and you can go right ahead with your car wash. And then photograph it and post it here tonight :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awhhh Pekem u missed my colour again :)

Cant believe you listed the frost blue (should'nt have even made the poll) and forgot the AZURE BLUE.

Heres a pic to remind what it looks like.

or maybe not getting this error message
''Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.''

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kaszee said:
Awhhh Pekem u missed my colour again :)

Cant believe you listed the frost blue (should'nt have even made the poll) and forgot the AZURE BLUE.

Heres a pic to remind what it looks like.

or maybe not getting this error message
''Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.''

Sorry Kaszee, it seems they have dropped your colour, in the UK at least :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having owned my Botanical green XF for 3 days now i have to say the colour is ideal - it perfectly matches the plague of Botanical greenfly that has descended on the Uk this summer - they just blend in as they weld themselves to the front of the car on impact......

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Peter I think its about time to drop the favourite colour threads once and for all, it was useful in the early days to see different combinations. Unless one is stupid the favourite colour is the one you have picked when you buy the car, and unless you are very rich 3 choices mean nothing..

gary

·
Registered
92 Posts
garyxf said:
Peter I think its about time to drop the favourite colour threads once and for all, it was useful in the early days to see different combinations. Unless one is stupid the favourite colour is the one you have picked when you buy the car, and unless you are very rich 3 choices mean nothing..

gary
well said agreed!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Maybe these threads aren't aimed at those that have a car...

What about those considering a purchase?

or advice from those that think they bought the wrong colour?

or just expressing an interest...?

Nothing here says you have to read/care/respond to every thread is there?

Or did I miss something in the small print?

·
Registered
306 Posts
wellington said:
Maybe these threads aren't aimed at those that have a car...

What about those considering a purchase?

or advice from those that think they bought the wrong colour?

or just expressing an interest...?

Nothing here says you have to read/care/respond to every thread is there?

Or did I miss something in the small print?
The best way to pick your colour is to go round to the nearest dealer and choose, if you are waiting for someone else to tell you what to have then that is up to you, we all have different opinions, if its any use to you I picked liquid silver and would do again, there is no second or third choice for me or most others I would think.
Just stating my opinion also not in the small print.

gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts