XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen that a lot of us are waving to other XF'ers and either getting blank looks of "who are you" or just getting ignored.
How about we get some form of sticker done from the forum?
I used to be a member of the MR2 club and we all had a small white and red square sticker with the clubs emblem, which were to all be placed on the windscreen above the rear view mirror.
Forgetting the sacriledge, suggesting people put stickers on their pride and joy, but surely we could have a nice discrete but identifyable badge/icon so we can spot eachother on our travels?
Just a thought!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Nice idea that zx10ben :)
Just looking at your Avatar it is plain that you are something of a graphic artist and I wonder what design you would come up with.
Are there any more graphic artists out there :?:
Perhaps we could have a competition to find the best :lol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
zx10ben - That is a great idea. I have tried to acknowledge every XF that I've passed and know exactly what you mean. The members of the forum seem to be a very friendly bunch and I clearly haven't passed any of them!

Also, I have limited access to a PC that lets me log on to the Forum, so having a badge to identify like minded drivers of the XF is a great idea.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Could be interesting, I too had the MR2 club sticker... a few waves along the road on that score. I dont see many XF's to wave too at the moment but I am sure they will come out the wood work (workshop) very soon - in fact saw 2 in my local village/town on the day I collected Cham; one pearl and one BG :!: :eek:

Its surely got to be designed around the leaper and letters XF? XF in bold with silver leaper across front? or leaper diagonally jumpin in the X ? Im no graphic artist, I can think of ideas sometimes, and get on paper, but not on pc....

·
Administrator
433 Posts
I think its a great idea. I'd be happy to get these produced for free for members with a certain post count (assuming the costs aren't prohibitive (haven't checked yet))

I can work photoshop OK but I'm not very creative in that regard so I can get something together for it but if someone has any creative skllls and wants to post it up or even ideas that would be great.

Watch this space!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am pleasantly suprised :)
To be honest I thought I would be slated for suggesting that someone put a sticker on their XF :oops:

Well I only have limited software with me over here, so will have a play.
What would people prefer:
A window sticker?
Bumper/Boot sticker?

Personally I would prefer something in the windscreen, above the rear view mirror is discrete and out of the way.

I will have a tinker ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Deffo windscreen - Deffo NOT bumper - tacky :!: Like you say, just as was with MR2... discrete and classy is what we want.. and as with XF itself, want something classy and understated, but has presence.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
zx10ben said:
Well I am pleasantly suprised :)
To be honest I thought I would be slated for suggesting that someone put a sticker on their XF :oops:

Well I only have limited software with me over here, so will have a play.
What would people prefer:
A window sticker?
Bumper/Boot sticker?

Personally I would prefer something in the windscreen, above the rear view mirror is discrete and out of the way.

I will have a tinker ;)
In between fighting a war :D

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Thinking more about this I have come to the view that the back window would be my favoured location; that is not to say that a symbol of one kind or another should not be on my front window and visible to a car in front's rear view mirror.
Watching cars go by today it was almost impossible to visually scan their windscreens for anything longer that a few milliseconds.
I then saw a car with the familiar "Christian" fish symbol on the back window and was able to study it in detail for well over a mile.
It struck me that they had missed an opportunity to work in a website address for say, heaven perhaps :lol:
Now if the car in front had been an XF displaying perhaps a Leaper image combined with www.xfforum.co.uk I am sure that if the owner had been a member here and I had a discrete "Leaper" on the front window, recognition would be easy :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its a great idea!!! Used to belong to a Subaru club, and EVERYONE would wave or acknowledge each other on the road!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice one... love the XF hint of gold colour on the chrome.. look forward to seeing more ideas...
re the waving to people - passed RadianceRed on A326 today... not any sign of acknowledgement from them ... :( although, I have to say, an XF can be difficult to recognise from distance, and by time you are sure too late to nod/wave/acknowledge :!:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
All very boring I know but I am keeping in mind the offer made by Admin that he would finance the supply of an approved sticker.
That being the case my offering simply builds on the established Forum logo and is shaped to allow maximum readability.
As I said earlier, it is important that the website address is shown because we have the twin aim of increasing membership as well as providing a membership recognition device.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have altered the image to include the UK part and also added the address.

I am looking forward to seeing other designs though! :)

Would people object to sticking this on their windscreens?

·
Registered
39 Posts
xfphillips,
fortunately, the forum has XFers from out of UK. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you think to add world to UK :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
xfphillips said:
I have altered the image to include the UK part and also added the address.

I am looking forward to seeing other designs though! :)

Would people object to sticking this on their windscreens?
It is good to see the forum address xfphillips :lol:
I think it now just remains to resolve the question of who owns the forum; the members or Admin ;)
Plus we need it to be understood by Zortec in Belgium,and not forgetting Deck in Romania, Mickrsim's friends in France, Mindbrother in the Netherlands and of course zx10ben when he gets back next month from Afghanistahn and starts drinking with his German friends :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts