• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Identifying fellow forum members
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=882&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=0

stevejay said in an earlier post, see above link, that he would be happy to pay a fiver for a Forum Identity Sticker.
Admin has indicated that, subject to a few conditions, he would be happy to fund an initial supply free to members.
SpiresSt has said that his experience is that any sticker will need to be limited in colour in order to keep the cost down to an economic figure.
We have seen a number of graphics produced by members, and welcome more, but they all have in common a multi coloured design.

So the question really ought to be; who is prepared to pay for a design of choice.
stevejay said a fiver, so lets see how many would be prepared to pay up to a fiver.
I would be quite happy to pay :)
If the results are good, then providing the design is not complicated and not too colourful we can have our hearts desire :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It's academic actually, we can't expect anyone to do this and foot the bill themselves. This site is an absolute goldmine of info and tips , not forgetting of course the camaraderie built up between us, best of all it's available free.
Even in today's climate a fiver isn't a huge amount and before anyone says otherwise, you're all driving around in £40K cars! :D
I for one am more than happy to do so, just be forewarned, if we end up having a meet sometime in the future and someone doesn't have a forum sticker, be prepared to get the brews in :p :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK with me...I hope a lot more members vote on this one though :!:

Could this be the beginning of the first XF club :?:

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I'm sticking a sticker on my gorgeous XF - I want it to be classy and complimentary to the car....

So I'm happy to pay a fiver. If the sticker has no colours, bland or look cheap I'll give it a miss even if it's free.

You get what you pay for in this life!

·
Registered
281 Posts
A fiver is fine by me, but sticker will have to look very classy before I'll let it adorn my beauty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
XFAndy said:
A fiver is fine by me, but sticker will have to look very classy before I'll let it adorn my beauty.

Same here, the thought of a meet sounds good,would be nice to meet up with everyone even if it means a trip to UK.
Unless you would all like a run to France....

Regards

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm happy with the fiver, or even a tenner for stickers front and back. Appreciate the comments about classy not tacky, but it would need to be readily visible if at the front, as it might be difficult to see if you meet someone on the road each doing 50 mph.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've been thinking about where to locate the sticker - above the tax disk? But what if an XF is behind and can't see it... You could have two! :lol:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree to pay no problem but as already stated will need to be descrete

Richard

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I have just unearthed this poll as I am sure most of you had forgotten its existence (I had as well) :!:
If we are to create a Forum Identity Sticker we do need more votes. May I ask two questions?

1. Is Admin still willing to fund the initial outlay :?:
2. Did Jaguar agree to the use of a 'leaper' :?:

The options really are for a sticker above the tax disc or a longer rear window sticker. I wondered if we could simply incorporate the 'leaper' with xfforum.co.uk and perhaps add 'The Voice of Jaguar XF' underneath or something similar. I can't draw or use computer programmes, but some of our members seem very clever and might work on some designs again :D

You can leave out the 'You know it makes sense' from the design if you wish, I won't be offended ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
How about incorporating the sticker into the tax-disk holder? My favourite being the self-cling shield. There's even a PDF file of the shape so you can play to your heart's content ;)

This company's minimum order is 250 and it would seem that multi colour is an option.

Personalised tax disk holers

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Neat idea David. The designs that can be seen from outside would be discreet and also serve a useful purpose. Have you any idea of the approximate costs :?:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Tax disc holder is a good idea.

Also, is there an actual XF owners club? If not I wonder if this Forum could evolve into one as at somepoint a club will be formed.

I'd be happy to pay, but the poll doesn't seem to be working, so can't cast my vote.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hi Steve,

The poll may be slightly dodgy as I had to have two attempts at it. However, it had 29 votes when I revived it and now has 32, so it must have worked for someone - where's pekem when you need him :!: :)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
raregrin said:
Hi Steve,

The poll may be slightly dodgy as I had to have two attempts at it. However, it had 29 votes when I revived it and now has 32, so it must have worked for someone - where's pekem when you need him :!: :)
I have just tested it and it worked well enough for me :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'd be happy to pay a fiver - seems a small price to pay when surely the service people at your dealership will pick up on the fact that you are liable to voice your opinion of them on the internet - and also they'll know that they are not going to get away giving you a load of b/s excuses for anything!

For a sticker to be noticed, it surely needs to located on the rear windscreen? There aren't that many XF's out there, but of the ones I see, I spend more time noticing the rear of the car - either in traffic jams, or cruising up behind one on the motorway - and perhaps even the rare occcasion when one passes me.

Even in pretty slow moving traffic in towns and cities, I'm pretty sure I could never spot something above someones tax disk holder on the ooposite side of the road.

·
Registered
23 Posts
following these comments I'm now changing my attitude about this sticker. However, I do agree with the following criteria;

1. has to be internationally recognised as a Jaguar thing (eg. leaper)
2. has to have a touch of class that befits such a car (e.g. embossed silver)
3. has to be generally discreet (this is not a tuning competition !)
4. has to be visible to those who seek the "label" i.e. a form member , who knows
where to look for it can easily locate it on the vehicle
5. has to be accompanied by guidelines where to stick it (rear, front, etc)

Giving it a unique identifier gives it a lot of prestige (to both owner and the Forum).

Is there a way that Jaguar can sponsor this ? (it will be a marketable feature for Jaguar cars future owners, their marketing people should jump on this opportunity for an exclusive XF Owners club)

Finally, I am located in Swtizerland (quite famous for quality stuff !!) but if there is anyone bold enough to drive nearer to the French border....I will be more than happy to meet up with Brits and other XF owners from the old continent. ! :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
4. has to be visible to those who seek the "label" i.e. a form member , who knows
where to look for it can easily locate it on the vehicle
Agree with all of Serengeti's points. In respect of being visible to forum members do XFer's think that there should be two stickers (front and rear) or is that too much?

·
Registered
354 Posts
A jolly good idea Samson,

I'd hate to be missed by another forum member as my sticker wasn't in full view!

Perhaps we should consider getting 4 stickers - one for each visible direction? Only joking! :lol:

Steve

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This topic appears to be going nowhere :(
If it is the case that members would really like a Forum Sticker we firstly need to discover which design is wanted.
I propose that we have a last try to find a winning design, we then put all submissions to the test, identify the winner and then, copyright permitting, go ahead and have them produced at a cost to members of no more than £5.00 :)
So, if you want a sticker please submit your design Here

1 - 20 of 21 Posts