XF Forum banner

Jaguar CRC are failing members of this forum !

• I agree with Baron95

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • I don't agree with Baron 95

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This. This. This.
With all due respect to you personally but I'm sorry Amellia, but that reply is as useful as a chocolate teapot. An appropriate reply would be to say what Jaguar are doing to resolve the issues, together with some idea of timescales. A first would be an admission from Jaguar that the system is not up to the standards customers should expect for a premium car brand.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi All,

After having my car since April and being updated twice I'm now coming to the end of my patients with ICTP. It still crashes, its intermittent if the reverse camera comes up with the guideline. The remote app doesnt work 8/10 times. The DAB audio will just cut out and say "no reception" when i'm standstill or infact its actually just randomly. bluetooth will disconnect randomly.

How many people are still having issues, I will be writing to watchdog in the next couple of weeks so would be good to get an idea from you all who else is having issues.

Thanks

Ravsbo

Yes, I'm still having issues. The main issue for me is random noise on all audio sources. This has occurred intermittently since I took delivery in April 2016. I wrote and made a complaint to Jaguar Finance Services last year. Despite numerous letters and several phone calls they decided that 'software updates are not faults'. I therefore took the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman who have agreed with me that ICTP is not of satisfactory quality and will be arranging compensation I am entitled to under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I'm still having issues. The main issue for me is random noise on all audio sources. This has occurred intermittently since I took delivery in April 2016. I wrote and made a complaint to Jaguar Finance Services last year. Despite numerous letters and several phone calls they decided that 'software updates are not faults'. I therefore took the matter to the Financial Services Ombudsman who have agreed with me that ICTP is not of satisfactory quality and will be arranging compensation I am entitled to under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
Hi

I guess the financial ombudsman is only an option if you brought the car using finance, rather than outright?

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
Hi

I guess the financial ombudsman is only an option if you brought the car using finance, rather than outright?
It might well be that a County Court Judge would be prepared to read the judgment of the Financial Ombudsman.
I don't know, but I am quite sure we will have the benefit of legal counsel fairly soon :)

447 Posts
Good morning all,

Thank you for your posts.

I am sorry to learn that my previous post may not have provided the reassurance I had hoped for, please be assured that no discourtesy was intended.

With regards to the InControl Touch Pro system, please be assured that Jaguar as a manufacturer are working to ensure that any further update releases address final outstanding concerns that have been raised to us as the manufacturer.

Unfortunately however an exact time scale or date has not been advised as of yet, however I would advise that you request from your retailer that you be kept updated, as once the update is released to the retailer network they can then contact you to arrange a booking.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
Good morning all,

Thank you for your posts.

I am sorry to learn that my previous post may not have provided the reassurance I had hoped for, please be assured that no discourtesy was intended.

With regards to the InControl Touch Pro system, please be assured that Jaguar as a manufacturer are working to ensure that any further update releases address final outstanding concerns that have been raised to us as the manufacturer.

Unfortunately however an exact time scale or date has not been advised as of yet, however I would advise that you request from your retailer that you be kept updated, as once the update is released to the retailer network they can then contact you to arrange a booking.

Many thanks,
Amellia

Seems to me that a statement such as the above would provide adequate evidence to a court of the system not meeting the satisfactory quality test.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Seems to me that a statement such as the above would provide adequate evidence to a court of the system not meeting the satisfactory quality test.
Amazing no law firm has picked this up for a class action suit or consumer protection TV programme brought it to the public's attention, to shame the manufacturer into fixing it/giving buyers their money back. Oh, I forgot, this is England and chaps don't rat on other chaps. Bad show and all that. Handshakes all round.

Imagine if they can't get a fairly straightforward infotainment system bought in from Bosch to work, how will they handle competing with the likes of below. I thought Tata was the world's leading IT company? May should do a trade deal with India bringing in thousands of H1-B visas to replace the IT clowns at Gaydon/Whitley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=52&v=JOJy29vBMUc

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've just been informed by my retailer that "We now have 2 new in control pro updates available which list fixes for phone, audio and D.A.B". The car is booked in on the 21st Feb for the updates to be applied.

As usual there's no further information on what is supposed to be fixed.

·
Registered
767 Posts
What instead of the" defeat the emissions test" like one of your favourite brands did!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Maybe someone in purchasing cocked up and ordered "Out of Control Amateur" from Bosch instead.
Haha...I like your thinking!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
ITCP Pro working fine for me, had car almost four months no problems no crashes no freezing remote start works first time every time and was really pleased to find audio system plays flac files :cool: only negative thus far is no street view as yet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
ravsbo, any update on writing to the watchdog?

I'm in communication with the Financial Ombudsman about my ICTP issues and they are being very helpful. I recall we received our cars in the same month last year and I've had enough too. Maybe we are having so many issues as the ICTP units were some of the very first.

447 Posts
Good afternoon Stef,

I am sorry to learn that you have raised your concerns with the Financial Ombudsman and I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I would be more than happy to assist you should you require any further assistance, should you wish to provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
51 Posts
[email protected] Jaguar, perhaps you could advise us all when the software will be available at the dealers to update our systems, it seems to be well known that the dealers are unable to provide the update at the moment and are waiting to hear how and when it will be available.

In my case like many others the dealer had my almost brand new XF for 5 days and failed to update. The updates are relevant to the specific problems that I am having with the ICTP. No need to PM I'm sure we would all like to know.
thanks

447 Posts
[email protected] Jaguar, perhaps you could advise us all when the software will be available at the dealers to update our systems, it seems to be well known that the dealers are unable to provide the update at the moment and are waiting to hear how and when it will be available.

In my case like many others the dealer had my almost brand new XF for 5 days and failed to update. The updates are relevant to the specific problems that I am having with the ICTP. No need to PM I'm sure we would all like to know.
thanks
Good morning Steelboss,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that unfortunately I am unable to currently advise as to when this update will be available and the exact features that will be addressed within the InControl Touch Pro system.

I am aware that this may not have been the answer you may have anticipated, however I would advise that should you be experiencing any concerns with your vehicle that you update your preferred Jaguar retailer in order for them to contact you once they have received the required update.

Many thanks,
Amellia

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dealer is fully aware of my problems and advises that the new ICTP update is likely to resolve most if not all of the problems that I am having. They have tried to update my car but the download for the update fails. They have advised me that this leaves them unable like all UK dealers to deliver the update.
They assure me that as soon as the update is deliverable my new XF will be at the top of their list. My question is when?

They advise that this is a technical problem that Jaguar are having and it has to be downloaded for each vehicle whilst in their facility, but the download fails, they have absolutely no idea when this will change.

So my question is very simple, how long until this is resolved and my car which was returned with 1500 miles on it can be fixed instead of the dealer saying sorry there's nothing we can do its in the hands of Jaguar.

Are we talking, days, weeks or should i reject the car?

·
Registered
51 Posts
New Sortware for ICTP Pro

so I now have the latest software, quite a lot of changes including the removal of a number of duplicated buttons, i.e. Climate now has no duplicate sync airco or max screen on the touch display, you have to use the buttons. The apps take up the whole screen which make them significantly easier to use. The sat nav has more options including compass etc.

First two hundred miles, no crashes and connection to iPod and iPhone works fine..

only one error found, weather does not connect, but news does.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks like its time to book mine in again for the new update then!!!! Fingers crossed that JLR have finally sorted out ICTP.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
They advise that this is a technical problem that Jaguar are having and it has to be downloaded for each vehicle whilst in their facility, but the download fails, they have
Can someone tell Jaguar that other car makers (e.g. Tesla) do their SW updates over the air, while the car is sitting comfortably in the owners garage?

Is this 2017 or 1997?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts