XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i have taken the plunge, popped in for an 'i'll probably change my car sometime later in the year and the XF's a contender' type test drive and 6 days later (monday 29th June) the showroom model will be sitting on my drive :)

I have never regretted an impulse purchase and have no plans to start now.....even managed to not get divorced as a result of the new arrival so relatively a cheap day out!

After 15 yrs working 10 mins from home i now find myself a regular on the highways and byways heading to and from East London and a quiet Bedfordshire town. What better way to queue on the A13 than in the voluptuous interior of a XFS Portfolio - frankly i no longer care if the journey takes nearly 2 hours as i will lay back and chill out in my cooled seats, with my B&W's massaging the canals of my inner ears. I do note the absence of a single crumpet toaster under the gargantuan armrest but i can forgive this oversight.

I must say a Jag was always a class brand but generally IMO did not have a model that would appeal to the early 30's type who'd more likely have plumped for the German alternatives as i did myself as a company car driver. I can proudly say after 30 mins behind the wheel of the XF i never even test drove an Audi or Beemer cos all the boxes were ticked as far as i am concerned.

Roll on Monday night........

p.s. i went for the Botanical green.....Jag really need to sort their brochure out cos based on that they'd never get anyone to choose this colour yet in the flesh i challenge anyone to say there's a tastier look :) i must go and rinse my soiled undies..........

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Botanical Green

Wonderfully warm welcome to you fyshdawg :)
Great choice of colour and plainly a man of exquisite taste; that should get the dogs barking :lol:
You have heard of the longest day :?: Well yours will be Sunday the 28th June; torture and ecstasy in equal measure which I would love to experience again.
You will not be able to yield to the night so you will need to visit here in order to while away the hours before dawn on the 29th :lol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707

You are now on the Roll of Honour

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great choice of color!
Please post some pictures when you got your car.

Andreas (another BGreen fan (and owner in the future ;) ))

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trying to post a picture or 2 - how on earth do i make a 2mb pic 256k!

God i must be really thick - please help a newbie.....

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
It will require some sort of image editing software to resize down to about 8"x N wide max by 100 pixels.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Go to open your picture in microsoft paint then select 'image' then 'stretch/skew', you can then downsize the pic to within the required limit
It worked for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers LW easy as that, here she is...................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts