XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather has been awful since I got the car but we had a nice sunny spell yesterday which I though I would use to give the car a good seeing to ;)

So inspired by Roma I followed all his tips from his car cleaning guide, Wash, clay, wax the works - took me about 4 hours.

I have to say the car was looking stunning - but it was about 9pm by this time so bit dark for good photos. Thought I would take some today and post them up.

And what do I wake up to this morning? More torrential rain ruining my good work! Stop putting ideas in my head Roma!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
XF Admin said:
The weather has been awful since I got the car but we had a nice sunny spell yesterday which I though I would use to give the car a good seeing to ;)

So inspired by Roma I followed all his tips from his car cleaning guide, Wash, clay, wax the works - took me about 4 hours.

I have to say the car was looking stunning - but it was about 9pm by this time so bit dark for good photos. Thought I would take some today and post them up.

And what do I wake up to this morning? More torrential rain ruining my good work! Stop putting ideas in my head Roma!
Do not worry, tomorrow is going to be a better day. If you did the full Roma Monty then you will be able to take your Detailer spray, your Micro Fibre cloths and after 5 minutes your beautiful XF will be even more beautiful. Then armed with your camera, get the pics we need to see. After that if you resolve to keep the Detailer and a couple of Micro Fibre cloths in your car and, more importantly, spend 5 minutes a day just wiping it over you will be one of the proudest XF owners in the whole world, promise :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Admin, it's worth it for the five minutes you get in ogling the sheer beauty of the XF after a detailing session just before it rains.

The water has been sheeting off my XF thanks to the excellent Collinite 476s wax that is coating its lithe and gorgeous body. I'm looking forward to giving it a quick wash when it stops raining.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never done the whole keep clean with detailer thing before so I'll be interested to see how good it is.

As for products I used Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnauba wax - I've no idea if if this is good stuff or not but I know meguiars is a good brand.

So how long will I be able to do the detail only routine before another wash and wax?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
XF Admin said:
I've never done the whole keep clean with detailer thing before so I'll be interested to see how good it is.

As for products I used Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnauba wax - I've no idea if if this is good stuff or not but I know meguiars is a good brand.

So how long will I be able to do the detail only routine before another wash and wax?[/quote]

Providing you keep on top of it, really just a few minutes, and assuming you have not been across fields to cover the car in mud and so on, it could be quite a while before you will want to wash it. It really is important that heavy deposits are removed with a good soaking but after that, your Detailer will work well.
Read this: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog ... ntain.html
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
Roma said:
Admin, it's worth it for the five minutes you get in ogling the sheer beauty of the XF after a detailing session just before it rains.

The water has been sheeting off my XF thanks to the excellent Collinite 476s wax that is coating its lithe and gorgeous body. I'm looking forward to giving it a quick wash when it stops raining.
Roma,
What were you thinking about when you wrote that I wonder :eek:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,499 Posts
craig said:
pekem said:
Roma said:
^ My missus! :oops:
In that case I doubt that it was quick wash you were looking forward to ;)
you obviously havent seen his wife! all 25 stone hairy Russian shotputter of her :lol: :shock:
Well it certainly was not a quick one because Roma has been detained by someone somewhere for quite a while; he certainly has not been around here :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Sure pekem, but have you seen how long he spemds on his cars?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top