XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the level of brightness of the main touch screen is so dim today that it is almost impossible to distinguish the various command buttons.
I think it has happened on a previous occasion but it obviously cleared on its own. Today, I have tried turning off and restarting but to no avail.
It is plainly a fault and I would like to know if there is a quick remedy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Pekem you have deleted my post on this topic without explanation. You will have seen it has been addressed on another site by XF owners including myself who have experienced this problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hutton1969 said:
Pekem you have deleted my post on this topic without explanation. You will have seen it has been addressed on another site by XF owners including myself who have experienced this problem.
Sorry Pekem, have just read your PM. However, I do think it would be useful to look at the posts on the other forum.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hutton1969 said:
Hutton1969 said:
Sorry Pekem, have just read your PM. However, I do think it would be useful to look at the posts on the other forum.
I too am sorry that your post was deleted and I am glad that you now know the reason why. :)
I think that it is worth reminding members generally, via the link below, of the need to allow the Service Team the opportunity to respond with a solution before others.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=381

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi pekem
Have not personally come across this issue,although have seen mention of it on the forums with various theories . I will check to see if any info avaiable on jaguar systems about this .

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that JAG M/T :)
I have read theories as to why this happens and to date the most convincing is the temperature one.
However, I am reluctant to embrace that one fully because the first episode of dimming occurred a month or so ago, when we were not subjected to the extreme low temperatures of recent days. And further, the problem has disappeared at a time when the temperature has fallen from that prevailing on the day that I noticed it last :?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I might of missed any answer that JAG M/T may have come up (second last post) with but would be interested as my screen has gone dim over the last week I have got round it by bringing up the screen without my foot on the pedal (screen comes up bright) then starting engine with foot on the pedal (screen stays bright).

gary

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is it cold when the screen goes dim? The power management of the vehicle prioritises the screen heaters over such things as the nav and thus dims the display to consume less power. If you turn everything else off you will notice in about 20 seconds it will come back to where it should

·
Registered
306 Posts
craig said:
Is it cold when the screen goes dim? The power management of the vehicle prioritises the screen heaters over such things as the nav and thus dims the display to consume less power. If you turn everything else off you will notice in about 20 seconds it will come back to where it should
The car is garaged and although frosty outside it was not too bad in the garage, I do not use the car much and did think it could be the battery is a bit low.

gary

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had the identical fault to crispy a couple of weeks ago.
the car is normally garaged at night, but this night it slept outside & was approx. - 3 deg.
totally dead screen, drove approx 10 miles , during which i stopped 4 times, turned off ignition Etc... still nothing... 100 miles on motorway ( cursing the car )..parked up for 6 hours. started up & hey presto ..problem fixed !!. how wonderful it was that i didn't have to go to the inconvenience of calling out jaguar service, but guess for just short of £45 K it was a nice little touch... well done jaguar , how clever .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts