·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, How much did yours cost :?:
Did you get a gob-smackingly good deal? :eek:
Or did it cost you your life savings? :shock:

Discuss here!

(Mods can close this if its already been made :) )

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got a very good deal. So good that the sales guy I was dealing with said, when he went to put my deal to his manager, that he would eat his hat if the mgr went for it. He did go for it and the sales guy now owes me a hat eating demonstration. I think what helped is that I'd already negotiated a blinding deal with the first dealer I visited but I didn't like them on a personal level. It was this interpersonal dislike that helped me to be really hard nosed with them. The dealer I bought my XF from is part of the same group and there is obviously competition between the two sites. A bit of a result then :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh well I may aswell 'spill'... :lol:

My XF was £36,080 minus the £2,500 discount(it's a 2.7 and they were introducing the 3.0) + £10,500 P/X for my Audi which I bought for a completely outrageous £27,000! If I hadn't made such a big loss on the Audi - (I was in neg-equity for it because the outstanding balance on the loan was larger than what Jaguar gave me for it!) - I would have bought a Premium Luxury with all the gizmos! :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine was £36,000 and I got it for £31,000, I think I got a good deal.....

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wowwiee :shock: That's definately great!

I was just 'told' what discount I was getting and didn't think to haggle apart from asking for free carpet mats.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was back and forth for 3-4 weeks before I got my deal. (inc. free matts! :D )

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Want me to make you all feel sick?!

HM Forces discount and no VAT

My 3 ltr S PL with Aero kit, LEDs, Xenon's, B&W, camera and obligatory heated steering wheel.

£29,450 Kerrrching!

I feel I may have earned it what with my 3 all expense paid trips to sunny sandy places in the last 2 years!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Still waiting - due Sept 1- but list with options £37,950, on order from a main dealer via a broker and agreed at £33,500........... local dealers couldn't/wouldn't go anywhere near that level of discount

.............unless of course the 'George & Vince' show decide to increase VAT to 20% between now and then :roll:

(Not sure where I stand if the VAT rate changes since it is, I suspect, applicable at the time of final payment which will be upon delivery)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I paid £41,095 (from my dealer) for a Portfolio 'S' with front parking radar and Senta Alloys. RRP is £46,245 just over 11% off RRP so pretty happy....

For now, till someone posts they got it cheaper :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
39,500 rrp with all the bells and whistles on.

Paid 36,000

Approx 9% Discount.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Took delivery of my new XF on 30th April from H A Fox Nottingham.
XF 3.0 Premium Luxury
Met Paint
Ivory Hide
Sunroof
F P + Camera
"On The Road" price £36900
This was a " dealer stock" car and I took delivery 4 days after signing the order form.
Stratstone Birmingham Quoted for the same spec Car £38550 (List £42200) so I felt I had a good deal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
6th May, Portfolio 3.0D plus front park pack, list £43370. Got just under 10% discount from my dealer 5 miles away, plus free tyre and alloy wheel cover for 3 years. Also got the car in 5 days as it had been delivered a few weeks earlier to another dealer in the group, and it was waiting to be PDI'd and prepped for showroom stock, so I grabbed it as it was in the colour and trim I wanted anyway. It would have been less than 5 days if the DVLA new vehicle system was not playing up so they could not licence it, and they had not had to transport it down, but I was pretty happy with the 5 days tbh.

I could have got it a tad cheaper from DTD but was happy to pay a bit more to have a car quick and to give the business to my local dealer.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I paid £47,000 for mine. Only a 4% discount.

But then I did get full book for my 2007 MY XK, which had 90,000 miles on the clock, which I traded in against it ;)

All comes out in the wash. Besides, I am happy for them to make a profit. They treat you better in the long run.

·
Registered
41 Posts
£49,564 invoice, discounted to £44,150, so 10.9% / £5,414 off. On top of this, managed to get an extra £700 on the trade in for my A6, so arguably that should count towards the discount too ... so 12.3%.

I'd had two dealders offering similar deals, but managed to get this from my local dealer, so no akward moments when I go back to get it serviced! :D

It is only working this out now that I understand why the finance guy made a comment (with a wink) that implied I'd bled the salesman dry, although I think that was to make me feel good as otherwise they wouldn't have done the deal!

·
Registered
69 Posts
RPMK said:
£49,564 invoice, discounted to £44,150, so 10.9% / £5,414 off. On top of this, managed to get an extra £700 on the trade in for my A6, so arguably that should count towards the discount too ... so 12.3%.

I'd had two dealders offering similar deals, but managed to get this from my local dealer, so no akward moments when I go back to get it serviced! :D

It is only working this out now that I understand why the finance guy made a comment (with a wink) that implied I'd bled the salesman dry, although I think that was to make me feel good as otherwise they wouldn't have done the deal!
Great Stuff RPMK ! I'll be interested to see some pics of the Stratus Grey, I was tempted to hold out for it but went Ultimate Black in the end. My current A6 is in Daytona Grey and I'm guessing that Stratus is going to be very similar.

·
Registered
41 Posts
markyg said:
Great Stuff RPMK ! I'll be interested to see some pics of the Stratus Grey, I was tempted to hold out for it but went Ultimate Black in the end. My current A6 is in Daytona Grey and I'm guessing that Stratus is going to be very similar.
How weird is that, as my A6 is Daytona Grey too! I think the Stratus Grey is darker ... in the showroom the sample was hard to differentiate from Ultimate Black, but became slightly easier outside in the (admitedly glorious!) sunshine. I'd wished I'd chosen a slightly darker shade on the A6, so hopefully wish granted this time around!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I paid a smidge under £32,000 which equates to a discount of 12.3% which was the dealer reluctantly agrreing to match an online price.

·
Registered
92 Posts
£29,000. After sums on the internet and two weeks of playing the game with the dealer (who are dealers for 15 mostly more mundane marques) I offered that as a "Deal or thank you for your time". No trade in, Channel Islands GST rather than UK VAT, and to get it quickly got her from another dealership in UK with the reversing camera and the Liquid Silver paint. I love every time I climb into the driver's seat anyway, but convincing myself that I got a bargain makes the feeling even better. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts