XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many miles it is to the first service?

Also what is involved, anyone had a service yet?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Approximately 15,000 miles to the first service or after one year (whichever comes first). However, the XF uses condition-based servicing so the car computes the service interval based on driving style and environmental factors. Thus, it could be earlier or later than 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good question! I have had my XF since early April and it's now requesting a service and I haven't even covered 10k miles :eek:

I certainly don't thrash the car around but have covered a lot of motorway miles. With every other car I had that gave an indication of service I was always way over the recommended service interval so I'm really surprised by the message coming up so soon on my XF. :(

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
selgnub said:
Good question! I have had my XF since early April and it's now requesting a service and I haven't even covered 10k miles :eek:

I certainly don't thrash the car around but have covered a lot of motorway miles. With every other car I had that gave an indication of service I was always way over the recommended service interval so I'm really surprised by the message coming up so soon on my XF. :(

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I don't suppose it is but is it possible that the message you are getting is an error?
Might it be worthwhile asking customer services if this is in line with their expectations?

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
garyxf said:
Were you on the doubles last night peter.

gary
I can't imagine what you are talking about Gary ;) Just because I spent last week on a Distillery crawl in Speyside doesn't mean that I am totally p****d :lol:
Anyway, never mind what I have done; what about you and your car. What news do you have :?: I checked the "Never Rains" thread but nothing :eek: :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts