XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the olden days, I am told, small children were sent up chimneys to clean them.
It seems to me that there is an opportunity for small persons, I won't say children because of the Health and Saftey people, to start a business cleaning the windows of the XF :lol:
Seriously, I find it very difficult to get in to the corners when trying to clean the rear window in particular.
Anyone got a technique or appliance that really does the job easily :?:

·
Registered
374 Posts
You kneel on the rear seat facing the rear window. You need to be a bit of a contortionist but it does work!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
craig said:
You go to a decent hand valet place and hand over some English pounds and someone does it for you!
Or New Romanian leu in Sainsbury's Horsham car park. :p :p :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still waiting for my XF to be delivered, should be here in the next couple of weeks.
Your comment regarding cleaning of the windows and 'children' not being called children for health and safety reasons is not a fair comment, though was probably said in jest. HSE has played a significant part in reducing the number of people who get hurt year by year. This is not a health and safety issue, it is an issue of the so called 'do gooders' who want to spoil life for normal people. It is amazing how many things involving change are blamed on health and safety when those involved in the process do not want to be associated with any responsibility for it.

Hope you are enjoying your XF, can't wait to get mine.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum, tonybanks :)
In order to ensure that this topic is not dragged way off I am happy to concede your point :)
More important, how would you suggest that the task of cleaning the rear window of your XF ( congratulations on your decision; you are now on our Roll of Honour ) is tackled. :?:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Drop the rear seat backs (and the headrests with them) and sit or kneel on the flat surface and access is then not too bad.

My five year old does a good job and it only costs two sweets.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Foxtrot said:
Drop the rear seat backs (and the headrests with them) and sit or kneel on the flat surface and access is then not too bad.

My five year old does a good job and it only costs two sweets.
We are back to small children again :shock:
For myself, I think I would find it easier kissing the Blarney Stone :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts