XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a Blackberry with the hands free in the car? Does it work well?. I currently use a Motorola smart phone and it works but not really well as I have to have the volume up full to hear the caller. We are looking to change our phones to Blackberrys and wondered if they work any better?

Cheers

Ross

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I can't say if the Blackberry will function better than your present device but I can say that my Curve worked well. Once the original docking had been worked out, it performed as well as my iPhone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,

I have just worked out how to ge my blackberry to work with automatic connection through the bluetooth.

It works just fine and is better by some margin than my previous 5 series connection.

The thing i had to adjust on the blackberry was to click on "trust" the jaguar connection and then it connects automatically-it previously had to be prompted agreed to to get a connection. (it still worked ok once it connected )

I am just doing my mock exams to learn how to work the voice--i will get a B grade when i have read it and tried it.

thats all for now

Reecy

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a Blackberry 8700 which I think is relatively old model now - I've had it for about three years. It works without any problem and so I would imagine that the newer Blackberry models should work OK. I had trouble with the (Jaguar £700) bluetooth on my previous X-Type but the XF system is excellent - pairs up quickly on start up, works every time so far, checks and updates my directory of numbers on each start up, and has them all available on screen. Very happy with the system. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just upgraded my phone to Blackberry 9000 Bold. It pairs with my XF but soon after drops the connection. You reconnect for it some 20 -30 seconds later to drop the connection again. Ends up with dropped connection that then will not reconnect. Phone book downloads but comes up as numbers only and does not have names attached.
Dissapointed that a car with this much technology cannot support a stable bluetooth connection.
Now resorted to Visor Bluetooth set which works fine and leaves me even more frustated that my XF bluetooth is unstable.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Silver Fox said:
Just upgraded my phone to Blackberry 9000 Bold. It pairs with my XF but soon after drops the connection. You reconnect for it some 20 -30 seconds later to drop the connection again. Ends up with dropped connection that then will not reconnect. Phone book downloads but comes up as numbers only and does not have names attached.
Dissapointed that a car with this much technology cannot support a stable bluetooth connection.
Now resorted to Visor Bluetooth set which works fine and leaves me even more frustated that my XF bluetooth is unstable.
Welcome to the forum Silver Fox :)
It is almost impossible for any manufacturer to keep up with the developments of phone manufacturers as quickly as consumers would like.
You do not say which OS version is installed but others have found that your specific issue was resolved by installing Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.210
Download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASCBHUKA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Pekem Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum & Thanks for the info on the upgrade OS system.
My Bold is currently on 4.6.0.162 so perhaps I will be brave enough to try this upgrade
Thanks once again :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
My BlackBerry Pearl 8120 works well, including auto phonebook transfer and update when you get into the vehicle. You can leave the blackBerry 'Locked' when using it in the car. The only setup item I had to change to get it to work properly once the phone was originally paired was in the 'Blootooth' setting on the phone under 'Jaguar' and 'Options'. I had to change the setting for Address Book Transfer: to 'All Entries'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke too soon with my earlier post as I have now had an upgrade to my company Blackberry and the phonebook download doesn't work properly any more. Instead of names and numbers, I now get numbers and numbers (duplicates). The alphabetical list has gone and my phonebook is now in numerical order - seems like the same problem as Silver Fox was having.
My new Blackberry is the 8900 Curve using OS 4.6.1.101
Checked this on the Jaguar website for compatability and it says that last number list and phonebook download aren't supported.
I couldn't find anything on the Blackberry website to help.
Does anyone have any suggestions or will I have to live with this.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You could try a software upgrade on your BlackBerry. Depends how brave you are! I found this here if you want to give it a try... http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/newes ... ge-171281/

Looks to me like the problem is with the Curve, so other than trying to get a different handset your only chance would seem a software upgrade for the device and that's not guaranteed to work as Jaguar haven't tested it yet. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the info Andy - I've checked the link but will maybe do some more investigating before I try this - its a company phone linked to our company systems through all sorts of security, so I don't want to mess that up.
It seems a bit odd that my brand new phone has v4.6.1.101 (Platform 4.2.0.72) but your link takes me to a page last edited on 28 Feb with v4.6.1.168 (Platform 4.2.0.94) - I don't know what these really mean but it seems my OS has been superceded.
I've emailed Jaguar to see what advice they can offer, and just about to email Orange who provide these devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Blackberry 8310 -V4.5.055 (platform 2.7.0.68).
Pairing is ok, making calls, recieving etc all fine however my problem is with the address book.
If I have a contact with multiple numbers such as work/mobile/fax this shows as 3 seperate entries. I can only get address book entries up to P...I guess the memory is full.
My collegue has a BMW and his bluetooth phonebook shows for example
Fred Bloggs
Work ...
Mobile ....
Fax....
this is listed as a single entry.
I got my PL XF in Sept 08.
Is there updated phone software available or am I stuck with this multilple entry deal.
I havnt yet tried my SIM card in another phone - to see if the issue is with the Blackberry.

Advise appreciated

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Reddevil007 said:
I have a Blackberry 8310 -V4.5.055 (platform 2.7.0.68).
Pairing is ok, making calls, recieving etc all fine however my problem is with the address book.
If I have a contact with multiple numbers such as work/mobile/fax this shows as 3 seperate entries. I can only get address book entries up to P...I guess the memory is full.
My collegue has a BMW and his bluetooth phonebook shows for example
Fred Bloggs
Work ...
Mobile ....
Fax....
this is listed as a single entry.
I got my PL XF in Sept 08.
Is there updated phone software available or am I stuck with this multilple entry deal.
I havnt yet tried my SIM card in another phone - to see if the issue is with the Blackberry.

Advise appreciated
Welcome to the forum Reddevil007 :)
I did have a problem with a Curve and solved a number of the problems by upgrading the firmware; which you have probably done and are still left with an issue or two.
I did find that the clever people at Crackberry had the solution for me and if you have not tried them yet, click the link below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php ... d=12341662

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
I have a Blackberry Storm which I can pair OK but having the same trouble as reported by Northman in that the contacts come up as lists of duplicated numbers no names!! Any ideas on this particular model of Blackberry.
Very happy with XF.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum jaggirl :)
This issue keeps arising and in truth I am not sure that anyone has ever managed to post anything definite as to the solution.
It may be that your device will require a firmware upgrade but whatever it is I am sure that the best place to start is a Blackberry forum such as:
http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
It may also be that Jaguar have worked around firmware which your device has moved on from; suggesting that your device may need to step back to an earlier version :!:
Which model car have you, we know that the latest 3.00 series has different Sat Nav firmware to that which most people have and it might just be the same with connectivity. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a Blackberry 8310 and it works perfect and connects automatically when i get into the car but i couldn't use the address book and it would not highlight on the cars screen.

This week i discovered why, when you get into the car you must unlock your phone before starting the car and then everything works perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your replies. The XF was one of the first 3L petrol previously owned by Jaguar Press Office! I have looked at the version that the Blackberry is running and it should be compatible. The weird thing is last week I used my SIM card in my husbands Blackberry and the contacts transferred with names but this week with my new one it won't! They are both operating on the same version. I will try tomorrow again using it withour locking it as suggested by Ronniewales.I will also try the crackberry site. If I learn anything I will come back and post it here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Jaggirl and Northman. Check this setting on your BlackBerry's..
Go to 'Settings', then 'Options' then 'Security Options' then 'General Settings' and check to see if you have Content Protection Enabled. If it is then make sure the option 'Include Address Book' is set to 'No'.
My company changed the BlackBerry settings this morning and I ended up with the same problem as you both. It took me a while to 'fix' it!
Andy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi
Still lots of confusion here! Paired my husband Blackberry Storm with the Jaguar and same thing just numbers transfer. His in the BMW 5 Series (08) comes up with names and numbers. Mine in his does the same as the Jag just numbers. Still looking for solutions if I find any I will let you know!

Jaggirl :?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts