XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this located on the rearview mirror but I dont see it on this model. Any idea of its location?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Portfolio I test drove had a mirror that had no buttons for the Homelink. It was quite amusing to see the GSM, salesperson and shop forman scouring the car from head to tow in an attempt to find it. All of the other XFs(non-Portfolio) had the buttons on the bottom side of the mirror. Of course, this is not a dealbreaker. When my car arrives, I would gladly remove the entire garage door assy. and turn it into a carport for my cat!!! :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
The buttons are under the mirror on the left hand side. System works very well. I didnt realise that it was standard on the portfolio. One suggestion if you get one - dont set your home location in the nav as your actual house as a theif would have access to your house, the downside of convenience.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
iceman said:
My Portfolio doesn't have any buttons under the mirror, perhaps it is a USA thing.
Well, as I said, the Portfolio that I test drove before I bought mine didnt have the buttons either. maybe the Portfolio is so advanced that the garage door magically opens on approach. :D I wonder where the buttons are?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
greenie said:
iceman said:
My Portfolio doesn't have any buttons under the mirror, perhaps it is a USA thing.
Well, as I said, the Portfolio that I test drove before I bought mine didnt have the buttons either. maybe the Portfolio is so advanced that the garage door magically opens on approach. :D I wonder where the buttons are?
I think that it is as I implied before, greenie, it needs to be specified at the time of ordering. Here in the UK the "Homelink", Jaguar refer to it as Garage Door Opener is an extra with the Portfolio at a cost of £293.62. Approx $475
I think that you may be at a disadvantage in the States because, as I understand it, cars are often pre-ordered by the dealer for sale off "The Lot". Otherwise, you would need to special order your car and be prepared for the long time delay before delivery.
Can you not simply ask the dealer exactly what was on the factory order when it was submitted, whenever that was :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pekem said:
greenie said:
iceman said:
I think that it is as I implied before, greenie, it needs to be specified at the time of ordering. Here in the UK the "Homelink", Jaguar refer to it as Garage Door Opener is an extra with the Portfolio at a cost of £293.62. Approx $475
I think that you may be at a disadvantage in the States because, as I understand it, cars are often pre-ordered by the dealer for sale off "The Lot". Otherwise, you would need to special order your car and be prepared for the long time delay before delivery.
Can you not simply ask the dealer exactly what was on the factory order when it was submitted, whenever that was :)
pekem, dealer has confirmed that its standard fare. He believes that the one i test drove was an "early" 2010 and he has seen parts shortages that might lead to early model "slip ups"!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pekem said:
It seems that you have the advantage then greenie.
Here we have to pay extra for it :(
Its not part of the Portfolio package?

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
greenie said:
pekem said:
Well I don't have it on mine and on the Jaguar UK, unlike the U.S., web site, it is stated to be an optional extra with the Portfolio at a cost of £293.62. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pekem said:
greenie said:
pekem said:
Well I don't have it on mine and on the Jaguar UK, unlike the U.S., web site, it is stated to be an optional extra with the Portfolio at a cost of £293.62. :(
Maybe you Brits look at garages differently!! Its quite interesting to see the differences between US-bound cars and the British versions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts