XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I picked up my XF 4.2 litre about two months ago in ABu Dhabi. I have done over 2,000 km and am loving the car. But I have had to admit that there is a high pitched whine coming from the rear of the car. It is more noticable at lower rev's and at its worst when the accelerator is pressed leading me to think that it is a rear drive shaft vibration. It actually causes a high frequency vibration in the car and friends are pointing it out when sitting in the back seats.

I am headding home for christmas and plan on leaving the car with the dealer to have it checked out but thought someone on this forum could shed some light on my problem.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. :)

I just dropped the car off at the dealers and they have agreed that there seems to be a problem in the rear drive.

Fingers crossed that they will sort it out for me.

Other than that I am really enjoying the car, its a thing of beauty!

John

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
As you say; keep the fingers crossed. :)
You mentioned that you were heading home for Christmas. Does that mean that home is here in the UK?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news.

I just picked the glorious XF from the dealers and its sorted. It was the "Duff Diff" as you suggested.

I am over the moon and back in love with my XF! :lol:

Home is in Cork, Ireland so I will be without the XF for Christmas but at least I will be coming back to fault free XF in January.

Thanks for all you help and Happy Christmas.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts