XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

Just purchased a 2012 XF S Portfolio so thought I'd sign up to see whats going on in Jag Land.

Swapped from my trusty 2005 S60 T5 so it will be a bit of a change, also means having to do a B+E driving test due to the extra weight of the XF so I can legally tow my caravan, but whats a few quid when I'll have this sat outside 馃槑

Had the same lot of old man comments i got from my friends when I bought my S60 5 years ago when I was 28, but, I'd rather have a big car than a little hatchback like most of my friends have so I couldn't care less!

Pick it up next Saturday subject to it not snowing, don't fancy the 60 mile drive back over country roads with 255 width summer Dunlops if its icy or snowy!

Registered
Welcome.
Let the young-un's make fun, just means there's more Jags for us who have an eye for beauty.

Registered
Jaguar 3.0 D V6 S
Welcome & very nice XF,

I am a new XF owner as well , I have been playing around with the Driver modes & try out winter mode , it really works well/noticeable/useable difference in cold/wintry driving conditions.

Enjoy the Big Cat (y)

Registered
We always get looks in our Sportbrake whenever we are driving around. I'm 34 and the wife is 37. She says she gets a lot of strange looks when people see her driving the car. Double taking etc.
We also came from Volvo, The wife previously had a 2016 V40 T2, and I had a V70 T5 and V50 T5 (the proper T5 engines, not the 4 pot ones :p)

Registered
2012 XF S Portfolio
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the T5 was a great car, I think it also got me a speeding ticket on it final journey 馃檮馃槀

Jag is here and its lovely, its so quiet compared to the S60, rides a lot better as well.

Was looking at replacing the number plate lights and wing mirror approach lights yesterday, and found it funny to see the underneath of the mirror is identical to the ones that were on my 16 year old S60 馃槀

Registered
Was looking at replacing the number plate lights and wing mirror approach lights yesterday, and found it funny to see the underneath of the mirror is identical to the ones that were on my 16 year old S60 馃槀
Why change such insignificant part? Cost saving. Same far steering controls for lights/wipers - didn't change in jags for over 20years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts