XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am the proud owner of a new XF, have about 3000K on it and just love the car. However living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada I do have a serious concern with the low profile tires and the mags during our infamous winters and the huge potholes that develop, any suggestions would be greatly apriciated

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
daveabrams said:
Hi, I am the proud owner of a new XF, have about 3000K on it and just love the car. However living in Montreal, Quebec, Canada I do have a serious concern with the low profile tires and the mags during our infamous winters and the huge potholes that develop, any suggestions would be greatly apriciated
Hello Daveabrams and welcome to the forum. It is good to read a post from you even if it is inspired by a difficulty you are having with your XF. Sadly, as you know, we in the UK do not experience anything like the Canadian winter that you have to endure and so, for my part at least , am unable to give an opinion. It strikes me odd that you feel the need to ask here because I would have thought that there are plenty of other cars in Canada with similar equipment to the XF, or have I missed your point.
Which model do you have? Also, it would be good if you could post a picture of your XF with an interesting Canadian backdrop. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pekem, I have the Xf premium, I posted here as I noticed a section specific to Canada and the USA, and as there are very few XF in Canada,(dealers are limited to 15-20 units this year, thought I might get some useful feedback,

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in NY. Supercharged with 20's. This car is not made for winter driving. I've hit 4 potholes within 3 months so far and so far the wheels are ok. The pirellis are so hard in cold weather , it feels like your driving on the rims. If you hit the gas the tire loose traction very fast. I can't wait until the summer where I can truly make this car fly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi daveabrams welcome - if you can afford the luxury :?: put the XF in a heated garage over winter and buy yourself an SUV with a winter wheel/tyre set-up for all that snow and ice! :D Richard

We don't have winters like you but I live in the country and I am slightly worried about the wheels and tyres on the XF in the winter as I am use to an SUV and although mines a soft roader rather than off roader it did not do too badly much to my suprise :eek: in the snow and ice or indeed across a muddy field or two :D Can't see me taking the XF across any muddy fields!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Dave! Try a set of Blizzak dedicated snows for the winter. I used them on my Audi A8L and they held up very well and were simply amazing in the snow. I plan on using the same tire on my XF when it arrives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Know how you feel about the snow & ice. I parked mine in the garage most of last winter; drove the wife's SUV when necessary. Shudder at the thought of sliding into something and getting a scratch (or worse) on my XF!

·
Administrator
22,463 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kortezzi :)
Sorry to read that your XF is for snow and ice free days only :lol:
Have you read Jagular , he knows a thing or two about the subject of winter driving :?: Start Here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts