XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I new here and new to Jaguar as this will be my first ever Jag. It's a XF DS Portfolio and is due early next month.

Bob

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum footie :)
Great news to read that you have ordered a Portfolio; you will just love it.
Whilst you wait, which will seem like a lifetime, you can read through all of our posts starting where you are now on the Roll of Honour at: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=707

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my car sitting in the dealers waiting my collection on September.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, a camera phone just can't cut it on a bright day. Better photos will follow.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice looking car - but I wouldn't have it in the showroom if it had been sold. All those buttocks trying out your seats! :eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XFCAT said:
Nice looking car - but I wouldn't have it in the showroom if it had been sold. All those buttocks trying out your seats! :eek:
As soon as I placed the deposit it was out of there. So hopefully the only other butts in those seats were the service guys.

Another thing, coming from a much more expensive M3 (stickered at £57K) I was really surprised by how much more luxurious the Jag felt, not only to the M3 but to the 535d, the Audi A6 3.0TDi and the E320cdi Avantgarde which I also tried before deciding on the XF. At £45K the choice of materials, from the leather to the mats on the Portfolio it just oozes quality that none of the other do, maybe the Audi gets closest but even then there still is a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pekem said:
You will just love and marvel at the quietness of the XF. Really excellent :)
I already noted that on the test drives, even the basic Luxury model was so much quieter than my M3, and the engine has to be the most refined and quiet diesel I've ever encountered.

Another note worthy point is that the 3.0dS performance is so much more accessible than the M3 and actually gives the impression of being more potent than it actually is, though I didn't think that the 'Sport' setting on the gearbox will be much use in day to day driving as I reckon as hold a gear at 2000rpm seems a bit excessive on such a torquey engine and with such a narrow powerband.

Though you guys who have had more experience of this may very well disagree with my first impressions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the car today and it's everything I could have hoped for. The stereo is class and the refinement is such a marked difference from the M3. Will post proper photos hopefully tomorrow because it's rained all day long and it's pigging at the moment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Collected the wife's new car today so still not got the pics of the XF done yet. At least the weather was decent when I collected her's so I took a couple of shot and here it is.

What a difference to drive from the XF, very sporty and firm which is nothing like the Jag, in fact this is a great combination because after owning an M3 I can now get my sporty fix everytime I jump into the wife's car. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
I love a GTI, there's a lovely soundtrack at around 3500rpm :lol: A neighbour has two of them and I can hear them whizzing up and down early in the morning.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a couple of photos on my beastie, washed and looking mighty fine if you ask me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very nice Footie, great choice of colour - much better than all those Ultimate Black ones.

Was the watering can a Jag Option? :lol:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
I can't beleeeeve you left that can in there. Now go back and do it properly :lol:
Looks really excellent footie :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pekem said:
I can't beleeeeve you left that can in there. Now go back and do it properly :lol:
Looks really excellent footie :)
Your OK, the can had just been bought and was new as I had been to the local Garden shop for weed killer.

Just had my nephew over from England, he was a big fan of the M3 and all thing fast, typical fighter pilot, but after driving the XF he can understand the appeal and gave it the ultimate compliment by saying 'this things as posh as a Bentley inside'. :D

P.S.
He was also blown away by the stereo when I put a Black Eyed Peas CD on. :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just filled in my survey for the XF and the dealer. So far I couldn't be more complimentary on both the car or the dealer, especially the sales manager I dealt with. I've purchased countless new cars over the years but very few dealers have fulfilled my expectations as well as this one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts