XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Joined the forum last year when I bought my 2017 XF but have been away since so not been around.

Anyhow, going back the XF as much as I'm loving it I've noticed that my passenger brake light doesn't work, it just seems to flick on (briefly) and then go off again even though the brakes are still applied. The drivers side one works perfectly. Ive tried taking it off and making sure the connection is tight etc but no joy. The indicator and reverse light works fine just not the LED brake light bit. Anyone had this problem before or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dr Morbius, thanks for your reply. Haven't changed the cluster yet was hoping not too as its quite expensive. I'm planning on swapping the drivers side one over and plugging that in to the faulty side hopefully today which should tell me if its the lamp or the wiring in the car.
I'll report back and let you know what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so it has to be the cluster as putting the drivers side one on the passenger side showed it worked fine so can't be wiring in the car.
Looks like new passenger cluster required. Tried to take it apart and have a look but doesn't want to come apart. What a pain in the arse.
Whats best ebay? Or does anyone have one they want to sell for a 2017 xf r sport?

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's great. Replacing the lamp rather than the wiring is a win in my book. I've seen YouTube's of people fitting eBay sourced lamps, but I've never had to do so myself. If you end up buying a cheaper brand, It may be worth getting two in case theres a slight difference in brightness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah definitely better to change the cluster rather than the wiring in the car, its just annoying tbh on a 4 year old car that just because its leds i can't just change a bulb when it breaks i have to buy a whole unit. Bring back bulbs, much cheaper and easier🤬 (or perhaps I'm old and stuck in my ways)😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts