XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post.

Collected my 09 XF last Sunday (the 1st March), complete with this option that you will not find in the brochure...........
[attachment=0:8ykf333n]hoist.jpg[/attachment:8ykf333n]
............ a boot installed hoist for my wheelchair!

Regards

Smudge

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum smudge :)
It appears that you have installed some very sophisticated equipment to deal with your chair. Have you had any modifications done to the car itself :?:
I would like to see a picture of the car in its entirety because it looks suspiciously like an Emerald Fire model and we don't see many of those :!:
Also, please add, if you haven't already, your colour to our poll at:
http://xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=593

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pekem,

You are not wrong, it is an Emerald Fire. Here is a shot taken outside the dealers on Sunday 1st.
[attachment=0:2bmndnak]010309_03.jpg[/attachment:2bmndnak]
It was a showroom model, so didn't have any choice with regard to the options other than those already installed, DAB Radio and 18" Venus alloys (well, I suppose I could have changed the wheels if I had wanted), but I am perfectly happy with it as it is.

The only other bits I have purchased so far are a full set of carpet mats and utility mats, and a boot liner that was installed to protect from damage being caused by/to the wheelchair.

Smudge

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
It looks really excellent Smudge, thank you for the picture. :)
Just to satisfy the cravings of XF FX, presently being tortured waiting for her Botanical Green; I have taken the liberty of fixing an arrow on your picture which demonstrates beautifully the characteristic of the paint to appear differently in varying lights. XF FX will be pleased to see that the lower half of the car is a colour shade that I often see with my Botanical Green

·
Registered
176 Posts
Many thanks Pekem :D

Welcome to our XF world Smudge - your car is fab and Im sure you will enjoy it no end - out of curiosity, are you in Hampshire?

I have to ask as the piccie shot looks very much like my local dealer in So'ton; -and the first car I sat in (and the car that made me fall big time for the XF) was the dealerships Emerald green sat proudly in their showroom :eek: could this be the car :?: :!: Its also the car that made me see how stunning green could be, although I wasnt quite brave enough for Emerald and thus chose my Cham :)

again, welcome, nice to have you with us :!: :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi XF FX,

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I am in Hampshire, Yes that is the Southampton dealers forecourt, and yes it is the Emerald Fire XF that was in their showroom, (well, with a slightly modified boot :) ).

Does this bring back memories for you? ;)
[attachment=0:2qsu6flh]showroom.jpg[/attachment:2qsu6flh]

Regards

Smudge

·
Registered
176 Posts
I thought I recognised it :) My first XF love :D

I was there the day they started putting the stickers on... I first sat in it a week before that; we dealt with Mark, who was great (also reckoned he would have been able to sell me the Emerald there and then ;) )... we wanted to be able to deal with them but they couldnt match a price we had from another dealer, which was a shame.

We test drove their Black one, so our choice was the Botanical Green... a happy medium :D

You will love it :!:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XF FX said:
I thought I recognised it :) My first XF love :D

I was there the day they started putting the stickers on... I first sat in it a week before that; we dealt with Mark, who was great (also reckoned he would have been able to sell me the Emerald there and then ;) )... we wanted to be able to deal with them but they couldnt match a price we had from another dealer, which was a shame.

We test drove their Black one, so our choice was the Botanical Green... a happy medium :D

You will love it :!:
To cut a long story short, (famous last words)…….

We actually went out to by a new Land Rover. We booked with the main dealer immediately next door to the Jaguar dealer (part of the same group), but on arrival the vehicle we had booked to test drive was not there as a salesman had taken it home for the weekend, and my wife and I were treated like a pair or idiots. :evil: It should have been any easy sell for them, as I was at the time on my fifth Land Rover.

Having walked out in disgust, instead of walking towards our car, my wife headed straight for the Jaguar dealer, and two hours later we had purchased our XF.

I have to say that we are very happy with the deal we got, including the part price for our Land Rover Discovery, and Andrew the salesman bent over backwards for us, (we gave him quite a lot of extra work with regard to the installation of the wheelchair hoist, and paperwork regarding the tax implications of my medical condition :? ).

So all in all we are extremely happy with the car and the dealer, and would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending them, (Andrew in Particular) to anybody.

Regards

Smudge

·
Registered
176 Posts
Im glad they got a sale, they really deserved it as they were really good with us; that morning I was all ready to buy Merc CLS, but after seeing your XF, well, I didnt even bother going to test drive the CLS the next morning, instead booked XF test drive for following weekend :!: (a couple weeks after that ordered our own) :D

I've seen an Emerald Green XF locally, twice in 2 days in fact; I dont suppose you would have been driving along the A326 from jnct 2 (ower) towards Fawley (more specifically the Morrisons roundabout) at all? If not you, then we have another XF'er, and in Emerald Fire :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, not me :!:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts