XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I got into my car today after a car health check yesterday and now have a paring brake error
I have phoned stradstone who have no idea how to release the handbrake?

They did say to disconect the battery which i did for 10 mins,on restarting I now have a differant parking brake error,"red flashing cannot apply parking brake"then orange press foot brake and parking brake"tried all solutions but the parking brake is still stuck on with the new error messeges,
Any ide how to release hand brake so i can take it down to the dealer,
AA or RAC no good to pick up car as it is stuck at the bottom of my bendy drive on a hill?

thank you
Mark
P.S. only had the car a few days,starting to feel like I miss my BMW
cheers

G

·
I read on one of your earlier posts that your car is still under warranty so just call Jaguar Assist & let them sort it out. You will also get a loan car while it's being fixed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply,The warranty run out yesterday,
after I phoned them today they told me to get the AAor RAC to take the car to the dealer but they cant get down my drive.
The car was fine yesterday when they done the 3 year health check,they told me the dimentions of the brake pads and discs but said they never went near the parking brake???

I will phone them again tomorrow,to see if they could cut me some slack on the warranty?
But it would be nice to know how to release the parking brake in case it happens at a petrol station or trafic lights

thanks again for your reply

·
Registered
13 Posts
parking brake still on CANT release

I did everything in the manual,but my parking brake is still ON and giving the same error messages,"cannot apply parking braking" and "Apply foot and brake"

I read the manual ,done everything,Neutral flashing but parking brake still jammed on,tried Drive with a little throttle and reverse,still stuck,

Has anybody got any more idea's please,

I have searched this site and google but no luck
I have fully charged the battery just in case
thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done it ,
I pulled the epr whilst the engine was running,it said gearbox fault,
restarted the car All fine
But when I put on the parking break when already on (pull lever twice) it goes back to the faults

O.K. now though as I can get it down to Jaguar first thing in the morning,
Thanks for all your help,
and close this thread if you now wish

Great site and great help
thank you

I did everything in the manual,but my parking brake is still ON and giving the same error messages,"cannot apply parking braking" and "Apply foot and brake"

I read the manual ,done everything,Neutral flashing but parking brake still jammed on,tried Drive with a little throttle and reverse,still stuck,

Has anybody got any more idea's please,

I have searched this site and google but no luck
I have fully charged the battery just in case
thank you

G

·
Done it ,
I pulled the epr whilst the engine was running,it said gearbox fault,
restarted the car All fine
But when I put on the parking break when already on (pull lever twice) it goes back to the faults

O.K. now though as I can get it down to Jaguar first thing in the morning,
Thanks for all your help,
and close this thread if you now wish

Great site and great help
thank you
There you go....you can now apply for a Job as a Jag tech.....I also hope they cut you some slack, re-expired warranty, as well

·
Registered
204 Posts
Handbrake stuck on again

for the 3rd time in a week the handbrake is 'stuck on' and will not disengage, the last 2 times i have called the recovery company and they have released it manually, to do this they have to jack the back end up and release the cables, not an easy job with the cold and wet weather. so this morning i have asked the recover company to 'drag' the car onto the recovery trailer and take it up to Stratstones for diagnostics, its out of warranty so i know its going to cost.
has anybody else suffered from this and any idea of the solution, i did think it was down to the wear on the discs and pads and have changed these, but i now know that this has nothing to do with it.
will keep you posted.

I have an update now.
the dealer has found the problem, it is a wiring fault can you believe. the harness going to the back close to the exhaust, front end, had worked loose and had frayed and corroded. they have fixed this but it has cost me £460. i have reported this to Jaguar customer services and they will investigate and let me know if there is any compensation. i sincerely hope there is this is of no fault of mine or normal wear and tear. fingers crossed. at least the car is drivable now that the handbrake will disengage.

G

·
Think the R stands for release.

I would hope the dealer will do a good will repair especially as this is not something you would expect of a car of this age - if at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts