XF Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few questions I would like to ask regarding the Sportbrake in particular, Mine is a 2014 X250 model R-Sport & was the load cover an extra or just gone missing also was there originally a spare wheel? I can not think of any other questions at the moment but I'm sure there will be more! thanks for reading, Cheers Ian.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ian

I too have recently acquired a 2015 XF Sportbrake (X250 facelift). Mine is the Luxury spec so will be different to yours but mine did have the retractable load cover. Mine also came with no spare but a puncture repair kit which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot as I found out to my cost a couple of weeks ago when I discovered a puncture one morning. I believe a spare wheel was an optional extra. I spent the week during the New Year break sourcing a spacesaver spare wheel as I don't want to be caught out again!

Reactions: Iancas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Ian - a few months ago I looked at quite a few Sport Brakes - they all had retractable load covers. Its one of those things that you don't think to look for but notice when you get the car home (I've been there before). Hopefully the dealer/garage will provide you with one but you might have to look for one if they play the "Sold as seen" card.
Re the spare wheel issue - yes those kits are useless. I have a different car which had a kit but also space for a full size spare so I found a place near to Chadderton in Oldham who supplied a spare full sized wheel (also does space savers), jack and locking nuts etc should you need the extras. I think this is the pace: Cheap Spare Wheels & Space Saver Wheels - Thewheelshop.co.uk - Cheap Spare Wheels & Space Saver Wheels - Thewheelshop.co.uk

Anyway - good luck and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ian - a few months ago I looked at quite a few Sport Brakes - they all had retractable load covers. Its one of those things that you don't think to look for but notice when you get the car home (I've been there before). Hopefully the dealer/garage will provide you with one but you might have to look for one if they play the "Sold as seen" card.
Re the spare wheel issue - yes those kits are useless. I have a different car which had a kit but also space for a full size spare so I found a place near to Chadderton in Oldham who supplied a spare full sized wheel (also does space savers), jack and locking nuts etc should you need the extras. I think this is the pace: Cheap Spare Wheels & Space Saver Wheels - Thewheelshop.co.uk - Cheap Spare Wheels & Space Saver Wheels - Thewheelshop.co.uk

Anyway - good luck and enjoy the car.
Thanks Mossy,

I bought the Jag from a dealer in Chadderton! I will check out the link you sent & get one sorted. Cheers Ian.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blimey that is a stroke of luck - I had visions of you living in Exeter or somewhere miles away. Hope they can help you out and then you can concentrate on enjoying the car!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I managed to source a second hand but completely unused Jaguar space saver with a brand new Pirelli tyre from a Jag breaker for £80. Interestingly the car had a jack in the boot when I bought the car despite it not having a spare, so I assume it had one at some point? I also had a spare wheel wrench so for me it was a fairly cheap solution.

Also, I find the retractable load cover more of a hindrance than a help as every time I want to put my bike or anything else of any size in the boot it has to be removed, so the first thing I do is remove it and store it until I sell the car when I put it back in :giggle:

Reactions: Iancas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I managed to source a second hand but completely unused Jaguar space saver with a brand new Pirelli tyre from a Jag breaker for £80. Interestingly the car had a jack in the boot when I bought the car despite it not having a spare, so I assume it had one at some point? I also had a spare wheel wrench so for me it was a fairly cheap solution.

Also, I find the retractable load cover more of a hindrance than a help as every time I want to put my bike or anything else of any size in the boot it has to be removed, so the first thing I do is remove it and store it until I sell the car when I put it back in :giggle:
If you are thinking of selling the load cover let me know! cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got a 2014 Sportbrake which came with both the load cover and the spacesacer spare wheel. The spare is a tight fit in the boot space, as the tools and cylinder for the air suspension live below it. So I don't believe a full sized spare will fit, unless the boot floor is left in a raised position.

·
Registered
3 Posts

It has always bothered me that there is no cargo net between the back of the rear seats up to the roof, as used in my old X-Type, the thought of having any stuff come flying at me if involved in an accident is not good (net not a perfect solution – or the loadspace cover), but should take some of the energy off of the missiles or contain lesser ones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts