XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting colour choice :)
I would like to see one in Ultimateblack with a blue light on the roof and big chrome bell on the front. Ahh, those were the days :cry:

·
Registered
216 Posts
craig said:
That might be good news for Jaguar sales wise but it is not good news for private buyers.
i think the XFR owners won't feel too threatened by it.

any more info Pekem - i'm presuming it's a 3.0D S :) .

presumably it's an evaluation model - i hope it results in a bulk order. it does annoy me that the British police/traffic officers drive so many non-British cars/4x4s.

edit - how come 'police' on the bonnet isn't backwards :?:

·
Administrator
22,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bob said:
craig said:
That might be good news for Jaguar sales wise but it is not good news for private buyers.
i think the XFR owners won't feel too threatened by it.

any more info Pekem - i'm presuming it's a 3.0D S :) .

presumably it's an evaluation model - i hope it results in a bulk order. it does annoy me that the British police/traffic officers drive so many non-British cars/4x4s.

edit - how come 'police' on the bonnet isn't backwards :?:
This is what they say bob

Geoff Cousins, UK Managing Director for Jaguar Cars, said: "Police forces are looking for vehicles that represent value for money, have good environmental credentials and deliver the power and performance required of a pursuit vehicle."

The Jaguar XF beats other contenders in this market with a fuel economy figure of 42mpg, class-leading residual values and an excellent CO2 rating of 179g/km.

"The Police Officers driving pursuit vehicles demand a very high level of performance and handling, as well as safety and comfort."

The Police specification Jaguar features the 275PS 3.0-litre Diesel S engine with its unique, parallel sequential turbocharger system. Delivering high torque throughout the entire rev range, improved throttle response and low CO2 emissions, the twin-turbochargers work sequentially to deliver unrivalled response and best-in-class torque that means the Jaguar XF packs a huge punch at all engine speeds.

"We hope that with this amount of torque on tap - and a 0-60mph time of 5.9 seconds, we will meet and exceed the exacting standards of any Police Officer driving this car."

·
Registered
100 Posts
The flashing blue lights through the front grill should look great, just hope i never seen them in my mirror!

Wondering if they'll give Spires-ST a call about a job lot of remapping?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Trust Pekem to get the XF reviewed by the polis...

But maybe that's why you can get it in 'porcelain' white - Jaguar is going for a bulk order.

TimB

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh bugger it. First they get FJRs and now XFs. I suppose I should be honoured seeing as they only get the best!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts