XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just brought a 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7d so far very pleased with the beast. Very clean for the year few scratches that should polish out!

Got few things need to do in coming months, change discs/pads! Hope to draw on the knowledge here!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Looks strangely familiar😄
It's a great car to drive, mine has done 267000 kms with a change of springs, dampers, the odd bushing, pads and disks, generator/dynamo, battery and exhaust flex joints. Check on the differential, there were problems with a series where metal filings were left inside leading to (predictably) leaks and wear.
Love it still
Per

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Been interesting couple of weeks! Kicking myself when took my lady friend for a drive she went to open the passenger window and it moved a couple of centimetres and that’s it! Why oh why did I not check that when I brought the car! Normally first few things I check!
Anyway searched YouTube and found out how to remove door card, and my regulator was well knackered! Searching eBay seems it’s £90 average for second hand one then stumbled on one for £35 offered £30 chap accepted nice 50 mile drive to Wolverhampton! Got back 60mins later all fitted and working! Must say the build quality makes working on the car a joy compared to my old Mondeo!
I’ve added a set of ring Lyra DRL’s to the lower front fits nice under the chrome mouldings, looked at changing headlight to facelift but far too much work involved!
Also added accessory socket with USB in boot mainly to plug my cool box into as it was a pain threading cable through the car to the internal socket! It’s wired to the battery via fuse! Has a on/off switch so it won’t draw a charge when it’s off! The voltage gauge is handy too!
Changed the gas struts in the boot, so now the boot opens on its own when I press the remote as before it just popped up! Only £12.24 for both sides!
That’s the next job change front and rear brake discs and pads! £225 for:
Front/Rear Discs
Front/Rear Pads
Front/Rear Spring Clips
Front/Rear Slide Pins (Think I’ve been sent wrong front pins)
Front/Rear Sensors
Copper Grease
Brake Cleaner
Calliper Reset Tool
New Torque Wrench
Think that amounts To a good deal in my book!

after a month of Jaguar XF ownership I’m very please with my old girl! Oh I enjoy working on my cars so it’s a pleasure (sometimes a few choice words slip out) 🤬

Other jobs/upgrades
Resprayed o/s wing mirror (clear coat was coming off)
Upgraded internal lighting to LED
Upgraded Side lights to LED
Upgraded Mirror indicator repeaters to LED
Upgraded Boot light to LED
Upgraded Number Plate Lights to LED
Fitted K&N air filter
Changed cabin pollen filter (Not done for years)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Accessory socket was Amazon £16.99:

Linkstyle 4 in 1 12V Toggle Switch Panel ON/OFF Waterproof 4.2A Dual USB Charger Port Rocker Panel with Digital Voltmeter Cigarette Lighter Socket LED for Car Marine RV Boat Truck Trailer GPS, Blue mop

and Struts was AUTODOC takes about two to three weeks to come through but at that price you can’t complain Part no: 219G0825

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sent my old girl off today to get wheels refurbed and brake callipers painted! Cost of £380 she’s just come back looking mint

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Busy week again, after wheels & calliper tidy up I’ve now sorted the boot, didn’t mind the plain boot but thought a lip spoiler would be a nice addition! Found one on eBay looked close in colour but was just bit too light in colour so out with wet & dry, plastic primer, I had rest of the can’s of base coat and top coat from my mirror touch up 4 coats of under coat, 4 coats base, 4 top coats took all day left to dry for 18 hours. Just fitted! Like the look!
Also got my private plate sorted, and on now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts