XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for Service :

Just picked up my new Portfolio on Friday. Drove back to Germany on Saturday and as the light faded - noticed how bright the headlights were. Yes you guessed it, never realised I was buying a new car with bi -xenons. Having said that, when ordering a few months ago, my dealer tod me the change of spec and certainly did no mention the change in lights. Not a problem - they are lovely. However, as I drive a RHD car living in Germany - am I now going to have to buy new lights. I have a set of normal headlamps from my previous XF (halogens).

Is it possible to use the old lights (Halogens) in place of Xenons? or are the fittings different?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite simply because I have a set of headlights already and as I change my car every year for a variation of cars, I normally have to buy a different set of lights because I live on Continental Europe. Why buy another for a year if I don't have to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately I register my car in Germany with the British Forces Vehicle Licencing office and the rules changed last year which do not allow us to flat beam our lights. They must be full continental lights to meet the strict criteria that is imposed upon us. It is worth it as we are allowed to buy our cars tax free and many motoring corporations give British Forces a military discount making the price of the cars very tempting - hence the changeover yearly.

But thanks for the tip. Had a RR Sport a couple of years ago where I flat beamed the headlights (before the change of rules), whilst it was okay, you certainly loose power in the strength of the headlights.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You might have a problem fitting halogen lights as you car has Xenons fitted so there is no levelling control switch on the dashboard.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Aww Slick, if only I'd seen your post earlier!

The Flat beam although not acceptable by BFG is perfectly acceptable by German authorities TUV there is a way round this without shelling out on a new set.

PM sent!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts