XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder where the XF,s are. Have you seen them on your travels?
To date, since taking delivery in March, I have only seen four others.
Two were seen in Bedford, one in Burford Oxfordshire, and the other joined me in a procession for about 5 miles from east of Swansea to Mumbles.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: XF Mark the spot

I have seen three. One parked, two moving.

I had to visit Harwoods, Chichester, to sort out a squeaking rear brake today. They told me their allocation is down to five XF's a month until the end of the year and all are sold until October. Apparently Jaguar are concentrating on the American market.

·
Registered
374 Posts

It's quite amusing to see BMW 5-Series owners slowing down to have a good look (I used to be one myself!).

·
Registered
618 Posts

Roma said:
It's quite amusing to see BMW 5-Series owners slowing down to have a good look (I used to be one myself!).
Ive had a thumbs up and very positive responses from 5 series drivers.

Roma its not done to admit you were once a 5 series driver, you might as well tell everyone you were a leper :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts

I've seen loads around, common as muck :D

There's a spotted topic on another forum, which confirms the increasing number on the road in the UK

·
Registered
26 Posts

Spent a week in Bristol this week and didn't see one. Still waiting to view an indigo in the flesh but at this stage the first I'll see is the one I'll collect on the 22 May.

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Was there a convention today for Jaguar XF owners. :?:
Saw four this afternoon processing south on the MI, all darkish colours. Could not see numbers and so on because I was in a queue on a bridge over the MI, and they passed underneath. Very impressive, and again I was struck by the physical size of them, which I don't notice with my own.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Went to MPH at Birmingham last month and there was two in the car park. My
vapourgrey and a blue one. Where are they?

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Saw a White XF, yes White, parked at the front door of an hotel near South Mimms tonight.
Have to say; parked as it was in the glare of strong floodlights and with a backdrop of glass and chrome it looked stunning. I don't know if I saw it tomorrow on the A1 I would be as admiring :?

·
Registered
242 Posts

I'm starting to see a few more around but there seems to be no improvement in the drivers acknowledging they are driving a superb machine by waving back to me !! :(

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I agree with you andrewll.
I am very often accompanied by my wife, one or the other of us in the front passenger seat, where the action of the driver of an oncoming XF can be watched. It is noticeable that many of the very few XF's we see appear to be driven by people that do not see us at all, never mind acknowledge any wave. :eek:

·
Administrator
22,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

sodgob said:
30th Dec 3.40 pm REG ..... JJE grey/black junction A43 / M1 heading to oxford .
But did he wave; or even smile :?:

·
Registered
80 Posts

Just drove from Cologne to Salzburg and back on the Autobahns. Did not see another XF in over 2200Km of driving. Great driving at 180Km/H and BMWs and Mercedes moving out of your way so they can follow and have a good look at the car. I am restricted to 180 Km/h due to the winter tyres (actually they are only rated to 160Km/h) :x

·
Registered
319 Posts

Fraid not Pekem, doubt if he even saw me...was only behind him for a few seconds before i turned off.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Pekem wrote:
"Very impressive, and again I was struck by the physical size of them, which I don't notice with my own". :)

I happned to park mine right next to a BMW 7 series in the gym and to my surprise the XF was pretty much a match :eek: ...

1 - 20 of 208 Posts