XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you got Private Mail, would you even know :?:
I am told that some Private Messages are not being read and this might be because the option to
"Notify me on new private messages:" is turned off in your User Control Preferences or because maybe, a registration email address has been used which is not checked on a regular basis. If then you miss the indicator displayed in the top left corner you may just miss mails altogether. This would certainly be the case if you do not log in
It really is fine to use a secondary email address when registering; it would be be even better if the inbox was checked from time to time :eek:
Again, I would ask that members check for Private Mail from time to time ;)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am told that the inbox for some members has not been checked for a while. You may have mail :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Why not have a pop up that tells you when you visit the site you have new mail? That's how it's done on forums I moderate.
Email notification is a seprate function that you can opt in or out of

·
Registered
393 Posts
Why not have a pop up that tells you when you visit the site you have new mail? That's how it's done on forums I moderate.
Email notification is a seprate function that you can opt in or out of
There is no pop-up, but in the top-right corner of the screen there is a folder "Notification" that warns of the amount of unread messages. I never missed a PM :grin:.

C

·
0 Posts
I've never missed a pm either... I was picking up on the 2 posts by Pekem that indicates under the current system people are missing them, hence need something more than is currently provided.
Of course that may not be possibel on this forum engine.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Why not have a pop up that tells you when you visit the site you have new mail? ......
There is no pop-up, but in the top-right corner of the screen there is a folder "Notification" that warns of the amount of unread messages. .....
Funny, I thought there was ... or is it something in the settings you have to choose / set yourself?

At least whenever I had a message on logging into the forum a "pop-up" appeared saying that there is a private message and if it should be opened in a separate window.

But I have not had one for a while ... is it gone :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
You could be right. Not had a pm for a while. It may also depend on where you land on the site. I'm always logged in and land on 'new posts', never homepages

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There has always been a "pop up " facility and email notification but if the pop ups are switched off in your Settings Panel and a "mickey mouse " email address was used when registering then the only other indication is Notifications indicator at the top of each page. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts