XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read in a few posts some of you commenting that when your car has been in it has had various recalls. The reason I ask is that I havent been notified of any recalls and wonder if me car doesnt need them or I just havent had the notification due to it being a lease car?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
rclifford said:
I have read in a few posts some of you commenting that when your car has been in it has had various recalls. The reason I ask is that I havent been notified of any recalls and wonder if me car doesnt need them or I just havent had the notification due to it being a lease car?
The only safety related recall I am aware of is to check the D rings on the rear seat belts and even this is only specific to some early cars. Any other minor mods and software updates can wait until the first service.
When I had some warranty work done they updated software for the speaker in the instrument cluster and filed away a bit of plastic in fuel cap mechanism.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you haven't received a letter then your vehicle is probably not affected. However in case it has been lost in the post I would recommend contacting your local dealer and they will check it on the computer for you. Or alternatively post the last six digits of your VIN on here and I will check it for you if you like.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Rear seat belt D rings for checking is certainly one recall
Code 33 is another and affects the operation of two airbags under the bonnet near to the suspension turrets.Some airbags have been activated by speed bumps and pushed the rear of the bonnet halfway up the windscreen after shearing the hinge pins which is designed to be activated if you hit a pedestrian in order to propel them up over the roof!Decreased sensativity is required for the sensors housed in the front bumper behind the numberplate on UK cars and this is one reason why a number plate plynth is not fitted to the XF as originally intended.Better to use tape and avoid long screws to fix the numberplate or your bonnet could lift in the wrong direction!!.
Both rear door seals have been replaced on my car to rectify water dropping on to the back seat and this seems to be a success.
Fuel flap latch replaced but this is not a recall yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts