XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a place to hardwire a radar detector instead of having a wire coming from the armrest 12v?

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Hello passatglx
Welcome to the forum. :)
I do not know exactly how the hard wiring would be achieved but I do know a kit is available for the Road Angel device I have. See link below.
However, I have to say that for general use, the inbuilt battery does work well for me. I know that others will say that the 4/5 hour battery life is short but in truth I do not need much longer.

http://www.road-angel-gps.co.uk/road-an ... nected.htm

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would like to add that I have been very pleased with my "Road Angel Connected" camera detector. I upgraded from the old style detector and yes it did cost a lot of money to do so, but the fact that the new one has no wires and updates itself makes it very convenient. You can also transfer it from one car to another which is another factor against hardwiring the unit.

In all honesty how many journeys of 4 hours plus do you make - when you do one of those you can always plug the unit in for a short while until you arrive, then let it recharge.

Just watch out for those cameras :eek: however careful a driver you think you are.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry, should have added that if you do get the unit hardwired then you'll have to get it done at a Jaguar dealer realistically, otherwise your warranty will be invalid on anything electrical... which is virtually anything!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts