XF Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one that has suffered scratching on the side of the wheels; all FOUR of them :!:
Had them tarted up but I see the marks are appearing again. I know that yesterday I added a couple or so on the near side rear whilst exiting a Watford car park via a very challenging spiral runway. However, the others, particularly on the off side wheels have appeared as if by magic :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not yet! But I am trying to avoid taking my car to such car parks. I guess it can’t be helped!

Would be nice to see some pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. 3 wheels now in city car parks but had them all refurbished and are now as new. I am particularly careful now as they look a mess (well at least mine did) but no doubt there will be another careless moment in the future. Actually I am surprised how easy it is to do, there is little tyre side wall protection on the PL alloys which makes them very vunerable to a knock.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep, front offside, but repaired and, apparently, as good as new. I now park too far from the kerb and avoid multistoreeys if I possibly can.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not in the last 3 cars!!
Very careful, but it will probably happen now!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sadly yes.
My recent (and last) visit to a multi-storey apparently designed exclusively for Mini's.
A couple of you mention getting the alloys repaired. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Now me too :cry: yesterday when turning a stupidly tight corner in a car park up a ramp with a kerb that had a sticky-out bit (bad joint in the kerbstone) :(

Sods law - something always happens within a week of getting a new car, without fail, always... usually a stone chip but not this time ://

It's really quite small on offside front (but still hugely annoying), but not just a thin scratch, and hoping it can be fixed in some way (or at least protected so it won't go 'septic' ;) )

[attachment=1:3dty2sy4]Img_1435p.jpg[/attachment:3dty2sy4]

Note how there is no evidence on the sidewall (hard to see really in the photo but there literally is nothing - almost like the rubber just ran away from the trouble and said "here you go concrete, have some unimpeded access to the expensive part for you to do your worst with") ...

Note also quite a lot of that nasty brake dust (only done 140 miles and i'm VERY light on brakes, using gears to brake instead)... TBH with the windows down on the last mile of a 20 mile journey I heard what sounds like some brake dragging but coming from the nearside not the offside and all wheels seem to exhibit the same amount of dust)..

ah well... Maybe the dealer can offer some assistance in fixing the scratch (I don't want the whole wheel doing like I did with a previous car, it's just not the same).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yep, driver side front and rear. Done on the kirb in the mersey tunnel. Yet to get them repaired. :( :( :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts