XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it is true :)
I finally met a salesman and I am now, or should be on Wednesday of next week, the very proud owner of a new 3.00 XF Portfolio :)
Having toured around four different Jaguar Dealerships, three of whom lacked either knowledge, motivation or simply the nous to recognise a potential customer, I finally happened upon a salesman in the showroom of Guy Salmon of Northampton. Deal done :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well done. Really interested to hear your comments regarding the new car.

Not long for you to wait - unlike me - as a build date hasn't even been issued for mine yet!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
YOU ARE WEAK PEKEM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always thought you would be a die hard 2.7 fan till the end!

Can't believe you'll get yours before me though, that's not cricket :(

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
zx10ben said:
YOU ARE WEAK PEKEM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always thought you would be a die hard 2.7 fan till the end!

Can't believe you'll get yours before me though, that's not cricket :(
You ain't heard nothing yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK penultimateblack " You aint heard nothing yet" you can have your moment, and all you others that have made less than flattering remarks about my penchant for green cars, in particular my Botanical Green :lol:
I was offered an excellent deal on a new Portfolio if I would accept another colour choice to the one that I presently have a fondness for, Coral and that colour is, would you all believe........................................................................

.......................................................Ultimate Black :!: :!: :!:

So, there you have it, I have gone with the flow and bought was sells. And just for the record I have an Ebony and Ivory interior. Added to it is the one extra that I really believe is essential on the XF, the Camera Pack. I would have added, if I wanted a long wait and paid a lot extra, a Blind Spot Monitor but it was not on the car and so I will live without it. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Peter,

Only a short wait...but 'UB!

On a separate note I'm not sure I agree with the proliferation of all these 'extra' driving aids e.g. blind spot device, lane keeping, tiredness monitor etc. etc. which imho, could reduce driver concentration.....by over reliance on these (extraneous) systems.

Things like abs/traction control etc. complement 'normal' driving i.e. braking, cornering etc..... they don't replace it........whereas these other 'aids' could.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the dark side Pekem!

I've had my my ultimate black XF for 3 weeks now and it's great! It is the 18th car I've owned in my 30 years or so of driving and believe it or not it's the first black one!

Despite your previous championing of Botanical Green, I'm sure you will very quickly appreciate UB too!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm sure you will enjoy the increase in power! BUT please please please make sure you check for a crease in the near side rear panel before saying yes and taking delivery only to find it a couple of weeks later :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's amazing how seeing a certain colour and trim combination 'in the metal' can change your opinion. I popped in to the dealer today (just for a look :lol: ) and saw a Cashmere, Ivory/Oyster with Selena's and it looked absolutely superb. Although I think it's a little early to change yet for me. And I was subsequently invited to some form of launch event in Glasgow for the XJ - I hope there's a test drive involved! :)

Pekem, You mention an Ebony/Ivory interior, I've never seen this combination - has it just recently been introduced?

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xfphillips said:
It's amazing how seeing a certain colour and trim combination 'in the metal' can change your opinion. I popped in to the dealer today (just for a look :lol: ) and saw a Cashmere, Ivory/Oyster with Selena's and it looked absolutely superb. Although I think it's a little early to change yet for me. And I was subsequently invited to some form of launch event in Glasgow for the XJ - I hope there's a test drive involved! :)

Pekem, You mention an Ebony/Ivory interior, I've never seen this combination - has it just recently been introduced?
No, it is not new; I just left out the Oyster bit. Actual combination is Ivory/Oyster leathers with Figured Ebony wood trim :)
Go to the launch of the XJ but firstly get your wife's car windscreen fixed so that you can be driven home "drunk" :lol:
Don't expect a test drive in the XJ before November though because I don't think it will be available, generally, before then. :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ahah. I thought you meant Ivory seats and a Black leather dash like you get on Audis and BMWs. Nice choice, I think that's the nicest interior to go for if you don't fancy Charcoal.

Edit - I didn't even ask when the event was happening, it may well be November - but I'll have to find out.

S

·
0 Posts
Can't believe your swapping your beloved BG for an UB. Will my rad red be the only 2.7 left :?:Me tinks I might have to go shopping if i can talk the wife round. The new XJ is stunning having seen it in the metal last week, either that or an XFR.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
WEDNESDAY has come and gone - I hope the new P & J isn't in the bodyshop being resprayed biological green :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen his pics in the buyers lounge thread, it looks lovely !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts