XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that Halogen headlamps come as standard but there is an upgrade to Bi-Xenon which I believe then have the washers and do slightly turn when cornering.

Has anyone gone for this upgrade and if so are they really noticeably different.

Also do they look any different on the car or can you not tell.

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: Halogen headlamps of Bi-Xenon

My previous car was an X type & after the poor headlamps , i thought i would not risk things, so decided upon Xenon .
in my opinion they are wonderfull & the light is really white, well worth the extra & you cannot tell any difference.
i would never go back to a normal headlamp.
hope that helps in your choice.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

On this subject I have to say, ignorance is bliss :!:
I find the standard lights perfectly adequate and will content myself by avoiding the experience of Bi-Xenons ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts

Have had xenon's on mercedes and my XF. and would not buy anything else if i could afford it. the light is so much cleaner. one downside is that those reflective road signs become almost like searchlights when a xenon headlamp hits it !!! :lol:

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

presidentk said:
Have had xenon's on mercedes and my XF. and would not buy anything else if i could afford it. the light is so much cleaner. one downside is that those reflective road signs become almost like searchlights when a xenon headlamp hits it !!! :lol:
That's it, a negative, I will not give them another thought ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts

I'm definitely in the 'sold on bi-xenons' camp. I endorse what others have said about the benefits, and you're right about the washers too, I think.

This is the first car I've owned with the extra 'corneroing' lights, and they also improve things noticeably.

Try asking your dealer for a test drive after dark, though, and decide for yourself.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

Please, please, stop talking about these things. You make me think mine are no better than a Davy Arc Lamp :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts