XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After we look delivery of Drew’s XF, I noticed that my 407 was making a noise. When I asked my dear husband why my car was clunking, the haunty reply was “Because its French!”. Anyway, as punishment for being a newly made infernal snob, I stole his XF while my car was in for repair.

I have to say, I was REALLY disappointed. For a car which cost more than twice that of my first flat, I was expecting, well more really. I kind of thought it was a bit like a cross between Gwyneth Paltrow (Looks good but isn’t all that interesting) and Stephen Hawking (really clever but a bit boring). It just felt a bit dull to drive. Sigh. :(

The local garage then rang to say that the 407 had a ropey ball joint – a recognised fault so they told me to take it to the Peugeot garage where it would be repaired gratis. :) nice job Peugeot, nice job local garage! :D

When I arrived at Peugeot a young bloke checked over the 407 (described it on his form as dirty! The cheek!). As he was admiring the XF, I explained how disappointed I was. He asked about the tiptronics but I told him that I didn’t use them as I presumed a computer would do the job better than I could. I received my first ‘stupid woman’ look of the day (it was only 8.30!) and he told me he would need the 407 all day, so I should go and have a play with the tiptronics and talk to him when I got back!

Crikey, What a difference! I had sooooooo much fun, I drove it like I’d stolen it! It was responsive and thrilling, that horrible time lag thing when you put your foot down was gone and it made all the difference. So now I’m thinking Gwyneth and Stephen are gone and its got to be Sherga …….. beautiful, spirited, slightly wild, oh yeah and nicked! :-D :lol:

Unfortunately, they didn’t finish the repair on the 407 today, so they asked if they could hold it until tomorrow. I said ‘Oh I know how busy you guys are ……..keep it for the rest of the week!’ ;-) ;)

Mrs Drew x

·
Registered
19 Posts
That made me laugh!!!!!

Will have to make sure my wife doesnt read it though!! :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts