XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my XF last Thursday which just happend to be my Birthday.

PL - Pearl Grey; Charcoal Interior with Oak Veneer - Awesome!! Pictures attached.

Quick Question:

Seeing there have been a few post regarding the Rear Screen mine seems to be OK. The only distortion seems to be the Heating Elements. Given the last couple of days have been cooler first thing in the Morning I have turned on the Rear Demister which seems very slow or even faulty. Has anyone else had this problem?[attachment=0:23i6lpgw]21092008001.jpg[/attachment:23i6lpgw]

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Hi Steve Willo,
Welcome to the forum :)
Thanks for posting your pictures; they are appreciated by more people than you can imagine. It would help if you could reduce them a little in order to eliminate the need for scrolling to appreciate the lines of the car. You can use the edit feature to re- submit if you have the software to reduce them. Also, it would be good if you could visit the profile section and add some detail in the signature section to show detail of your car etc.
I would not worry about your screen because were it to be defective in terms of visibility it would be obvious. As for the heating element; you may just need to monitor it for a while to establish if it is truly a defect. Interesting that you have had to use it; is it frosty where you are in the morning? Another good reason for completing the profile section and indicating your location :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hope you are having plenty of opportunity to enjoy your new toy.

Mine is due to the dealer on 22nd October so still a few weeks to wait.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes I agree the heated rear screen does seem slow as do the heated seats but based on my past Jaguar experience this is probably normal!
I too was concerned about the rear screen distortion that I had read about on this forum and when I got mine on 1 September I was careful to check. Like you the distortion seemed to be around the elements and is really only noticeable when viewed through the rear view mirror (must be some scientific explanation for this!). However I personally dont feel that it is worth getting too excited about and I will live with it rather than have them remove and replace the original screen.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome, Steve! Nice car and...excellent choice of colour if I may so. Pearl Grey rocks! Of course, I am biased. The distorted rear screen only affected cars built earlier this year (March/April or thereabouts). It's unlikely that your car is affected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts