XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 3.ods Portfolio Last Thursday

A bit nervous after so long with BMW, Merc and Porsche... last 2 cars have been 535D's so looking forward to a good comparision...

450 miles so far and initial thoughts are:-

Car looks great has that same freash feeling that the E60 had 5-6 years ago. Colour and wheel choice were a bit of a punt as I couldnt find a Pearl Grey XF to look at but it looks a treat and the option wheels give a far more purposeful look inmho. Paintwork quality far better than any German car i have seen for a while.

Engine still very tight but much smoother than BMW, power/weight feels that its not quite as strong as the BM which at times could really catch you out, but we will see as engine loosens up.

Economy Showing 29/30mpg at the moment which is not bad for a new engine and my driving style BM's gave average of 33 over 100K+

Gearbox dosnt suffer from some of the same issues as BMW (their electronics think they know best to the point that overtime you had to use a hidden re-set feature to get regain smoothness.

Boot opening small and lacks anywhere to put anything small BM had 2 seperate side pockets and a neat tray built into floor.

Interior works well, front seats lack a little support but generally good. Back seat a bit basic according to kids !. Rear screen roller blind not fitted properly (a common complaint I see) seen beeter on a 5 year old ford... (we will see what the stealer has to say)

Technology I thought this would be a waekness as an iDrive fan :) but so far impressed blutooth sync with Nokia e71 works really well, SatNav good bar maps which look a little 1st gen. Blindspot and Reverse Camera welll worth it.

Handling / Ride it absolutly nocks spots of the 535d as in either SE or Sport having had both I can confirm the XF is the best ride / handling compromise available in its class even on the 20" wheels.

Looking forward to the next few weeks playing with turning off all the nanny toys and seeing what it's like then...

Will post some pics when I have them.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
535 2 XFs said:
Picked up my 3.ods Portfolio Last Thursday

A bit nervous after so long with BMW, Merc and Porsche... last 2 cars have been 535D's so looking forward to a good comparision...

450 miles so far and initial thoughts are:-

Car looks great has that same freash feeling that the E60 had 5-6 years ago. Colour and wheel choice were a bit of a punt as I couldnt find a Pearl Grey XF to look at but it looks a treat and the option wheels give a far more purposeful look inmho. Paintwork quality far better than any German car i have seen for a while.

Engine still very tight but much smoother than BMW, power/weight feels that its not quite as strong as the BM which at times could really catch you out, but we will see as engine loosens up.

Economy Showing 29/30mpg at the moment which is not bad for a new engine and my driving style BM's gave average of 33 over 100K+

Gearbox dosnt suffer from some of the same issues as BMW (their electronics think they know best to the point that overtime you had to use a hidden re-set feature to get regain smoothness.

Boot opening small and lacks anywhere to put anything small BM had 2 seperate side pockets and a neat tray built into floor.

Interior works well, front seats lack a little support but generally good. Back seat a bit basic according to kids !. Rear screen roller blind not fitted properly (a common complaint I see) seen beeter on a 5 year old ford... (we will see what the stealer has to say)

Technology I thought this would be a waekness as an iDrive fan :) but so far impressed blutooth sync with Nokia e71 works really well, SatNav good bar maps which look a little 1st gen. Blindspot and Reverse Camera welll worth it.

Handling / Ride it absolutly nocks spots of the 535d as in either SE or Sport having had both I can confirm the XF is the best ride / handling compromise available in its class even on the 20" wheels.

Looking forward to the next few weeks playing with turning off all the nanny toys and seeing what it's like then...

Will post some pics when I have them.

And:
"Grin on the face" Wide :lol:

Look forward to seeing the pictures of a Pearl Grey with those wheels :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts