XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i got a call from my dealer today to confirm I can pick up my XF on April 25!

It was ordered 14 Feb, so it is arriving as promised. :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dont want to burst your bubble BUT....

I wouldnt bank on it. My delivery date was April 4th BUT this slipped as it wasnt dispatched to Sheerness until then and was dispatched from Sheerness to the dealer on Thursday but still hasnt arrived. Once the car has been dispatched from the factory you are in the lap of the gods with the haulage company. Mine should have been at the dealer latest today but now they are not expecting it until Wednesday.

All cars are sent from the factory to the haulage company at sheerness and then delivered out to the dealers

·
Registered
374 Posts
Nice one Scottie! Sleep well tonight - I managed to wake up at 5.00am and went for a run last Saturday morning to calm myself down!

I took a checklist with me and crossed off everything before I left the dealership. Hopefully your Jag salesman will be as thorough as mine was with the paperwork. I'd also get the tyre pressures checked at the dealership or as soon as possible when they're cold after you've collected it.

Enjoy the car! And remember to let us know all about it and see if you can get some piccies in the next week or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES, my delivery date is April 25th, tomorrow!!! I can't wait, my wife and I will be picking up our XF at 10 am [EDT]. We went into the dealership and ordered it in Porcelain color with Champagne / Truffle interior last week on the 17th. It was hard deciding on the color, we were leaning towards the Azure Blue, but that was so close to the color of our current 2005 XJ8L that we are selling. So we ordered it in Porcelain which we both like very much.

After reviewing this forum it looks like I'm the only one with an XF in this color; that's fine by me. In addition, I noticed lenghty time between ordering the XF and the final delivery to the owners posting in this forum. The XF became available at USA dealerships in March and I'm told that they can't keep them in stock because they are selling fso ast. So, where are the other USA owners???

·
Administrator
432 Posts
Charlie - Yours will certainly be the first porcelain car on here - please let us have some photos. White is certainly the "in" colour for cars at the moment. I really like it but I'm not brave enough to choose it in the British climate!

Good luck for today!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up car this afternoon.

I was surprised that the salesman, on the handover, was unsure of many aspects of the car. having said that, there are so many features of the car I feel I will never use (or learn!).

I had ordered (and paid for) carpet mats but they were missing.

It was pouring with rain in Glasgow today, so, all I could do was drive straight home. It looks great sitting on my driveway and tomorrow i will give it much more attention.

PS only extra was a bottle of champagne- no pen!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Congratulations Scottie. I, too, found that my salesman was unsure about many features on the XF. As for extras, at least you got something...some of us got zilch!

Enjoy the car!

·
Registered
35 Posts
scottie99 said:

I was surprised that the salesman, on the handover, was unsure of many aspects of the car. having said that, there are so many features of the car I feel I will never use (or learn!).

It was pouring with rain in Glasgow today, so, all I could do was drive straight home. It looks great sitting on my driveway and tomorrow i will give it much more attention.

Hi Scottie

I'll need to keep my eyes open for you around Glasgow then; I'm picking up mine on the 8th May (from Edinburgh), and I've not seen any other XF's on the road at all so far on the daily commute between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
scottie99 said:

Scottie, Jag customer services told me everyone who buys an XF will get a pen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts