XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum! Took delivery of my XF in April and it's absolutely fantastic, however it has had a strange trait ever since new...

Its the PL model with keyless entry and most mornings when I open it for the first time, the gloove box pops open?!? Has anyone else got this issue? Anyone know of a fix? (Apart from it popping open intermittently when you get into the car, the gloove box works normally) It went back to my dealer yesterday for this and a failed drivers-side washer jet (as per a previous post but with no electonic side effects) and has come back with the jet fixed and gloove box still popping open!

Aside from that...what a car!

All the best
Doc

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The only thing I can think of is to disconnect the battery (negative earth first ) for at least five minutes to allow the electronics be rebooted when you reconnect the battery, positive lead first..

·
Registered
319 Posts
I understand jaguar as an 'extra' provide a 6" nail for such purposes.
alternatively may i suggest an excorcism ( jaguar approved of course).

·
Registered
374 Posts
This might sound like a strange suggestion, but is it being shut properly? I had a similar a couple of times when I didn't shut the glovebox properly (i.e. it wasn't fully latched).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, every morning when I open the car the glove box opens, this also happens after the car has been closed for over an hour. I too live in the Midlands and went to my dealership with the problem, they did not believe me to start with but did say they would ask Jaguar technical support, that was weeks ago and still no fix.

I was also concerned that the car was possessed as not only was the glove box opening but also the wipers will randomly wipe when it's not raining and the alarm goes off for no reason and it takes 3 or 4 resets for it to settle down.

I did take the car in last week and ask them to update the software with the latest patches, unfortunately still no better, on the positive side at least this is the first car I have had that has built in random surprise features.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Confused said:
I have the same problem, every morning when I open the car the glove box opens, this also happens after the car has been closed for over an hour. I too live in the Midlands and went to my dealership with the problem, they did not believe me to start with but did say they would ask Jaguar technical support, that was weeks ago and still no fix.

I was also concerned that the car was possessed as not only was the glove box opening but also the wipers will randomly wipe when it's not raining and the alarm goes off for no reason and it takes 3 or 4 resets for it to settle down.

I did take the car in last week and ask them to update the software with the latest patches, unfortunately still no better, on the positive side at least this is the first car I have had that has built in random surprise features.
This is a perfect question for our friendly Service Manager and because of that I have posted your remarks directy to him at:

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=364

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Confused,

I have been living with the problem since I first posted about it, but it has been gradually happening more and more frequently. I've since taken it back top Jaguar and it turns out it's a dodgy switch...I guess yours will be the same. Take it back to jaguar and tell them it's the switch that should solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Doc.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts