XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I've a Nokia 63.. something from my work, and it's pi$$ing me off big time, as the UI is terrible (I know, I know, Nokia's are normally good!!).

Anyway, I'm just going to buy a PAYG phone (on a Vodafone contract) and slip my work sim in.

Q. Can you recommend a good phone which:

a) Has a good internet browser on it
b) Has full bluetooth function via the XF (call lists, directory etc).

I don't need camera, mp3, radio or stuff like that. Just a good phone with good browser and full Bluetooth support.

Cheers
Kenny

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
thegasman said:
Anything running Windows Mobile 6 should work well.

Martin
Have you tried that :?:
It seems that Jaguar are, in common with all other car makers, having to keep up with the developments of phone makers and often they are not able to as quickly as they would like. The 3G iPhone is an example of that :!:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am using a HTC S730 which runs Mobile 6.

All functions work, including address book etc. I have experienced no problems with using the phone in the Jag.

I would presume therefore most mobile 6 phones will work.

Remember the iphone does not use Mobile 6

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
That is good to learn. In fact the iPhone could have been designed to work with the XF, mine is perfect. Only now with the introduction of the 3G iPhone is their an issue concerning charging. iPhone are no longer supporting Firewire and Jaguar are having to source a different in car cable to allow all functions.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have one of the new Vodafone branded HTC windows mobile 6.1 phones (1615?) and it works perfectly. My previous HTC windows 5.0 mobile (Tmobile MDA2) only partially worked and the bluetooth wouldnt hold. Sound quality of a call was also awful

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use the motorola V3i without any problems
kennyh said:
Hi Guys

I've a Nokia 63.. something from my work, and it's pi$$ing me off big time, as the UI is terrible (I know, I know, Nokia's are normally good!!).

Anyway, I'm just going to buy a PAYG phone (on a Vodafone contract) and slip my work sim in.

Q. Can you recommend a good phone which:

a) Has a good internet browser on it
b) Has full bluetooth function via the XF (call lists, directory etc).

I don't need camera, mp3, radio or stuff like that. Just a good phone with good browser and full Bluetooth support.

Cheers
Kenny

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I use the Nokia E66, this has worked faultlessly with the XF, I have found it to be an excellent business phone. ;)

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum JAGIT :)
If you can hang on a while you could get the best, the iPhone :)
Haven't Vodafone done a deal with Apple :?:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Acer Smartphone M900 with Windows 6.1. Cant download addresses and keeps loosing bluetooth connection.

At the moment my recommendation is to stay clear of this phone.

My other phone an old Nokia slide 6600 which works perfectly and has all functions.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you have a Portfolio with the I-Phone dock, I'd say that theoretically that would be best as you could use it as a phone and music vault, and charge it in the centre console.

Alternatively, I'd say you can't go wrong with a Nokia.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sticking with Vodaphone rules out the possibility of getting an iphone, that's a shame because it is probably the easiest of all phones to use (of it's type) and is packed full of very useful applications, all of which cost mostly cost a couple of pound plus it's got itunes which is the best music download site.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
footie said:
Sticking with Vodaphone rules out the possibility of getting an iphone, that's a shame because it is probably the easiest of all phones to use (of it's type) and is packed full of very useful applications, all of which cost mostly cost a couple of pound plus it's got itunes which is the best music download site.
That is not correct.
As I said earlier, if JAGIT can wait a while he can have an iPhone through Vodafone I think the wait would be worthwhile :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
pekem said:
That is not correct.
As I said earlier, if JAGIT can wait a while he can have an iPhone through Vodafone I think the wait would be worthwhile :)
I thought it was only Orange that were to offer the iphone, my mistake. Well then definitely hold off for the iphone because it's simply THE best.

Also, now that all of the major networks will be offering it you might want to check the deals all of them are offering because I would expect deals to get very competitive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Very happy with both phone and Jaguar compatability with my Blackberry Bold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here must be talk about Android its worth without it. In this Era there are only two platform are best for mobile pone, Android and Iphone. Best to buy symbian just check out the benefits of android. you will have lots of mobile which include android upgraded version like 2.3 & 3.0 Honeycomb & 1GHz Dual Core processor. just check out latest android phones on Google you will definitely found good deals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts