XF 2.7D Premium Luxury
Radiance
Barley/truffle softgrain
19’ Auriga alloys
Bi Xenon headlamps
Headlamp washers
Portable audio interface
Parking aid with camera

Left the production line at Castle Bromwich on 28 August.

I've added rubber mats as I think the light interior could be easily marked.

Apparently the new name for Champagne trim is now Barley!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome XFCAT :)
Delighted to hear that your XF is arriving next week, you don't say which day. Whichever it is it will seem ages before the day comes round and you will feel as if you are being tortured between now and then; but it is good torture ;)
Take your camera with you and post them here when you get it so that we can all see your new Cat. Also, it would be good if you would add a location to your profile so that we know where you are. Look forward to seeing your car and reading your report of the handover :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you sure you haven't got my car by mistake? Mine is very similar spec. I have also ordered rubber mats for the same reason. I hope it goes well. I'm looking forward to mine on the 29/9/. I hope to see some photos on here soon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope to get it on Wednesday.

Been looking at the various 'issues' that members on this site, and other sites, have been having with their new XF and have been somewhat concerned. Coming from an ultra reliable 06 BMW (two dealer visits in two years for annual service) I just hope mine will be okay!

Really looking forward to getting it. Will post some pictures next week. :)

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
XFCAT said:

Been looking at the various 'issues' that members on this site, and other sites, have been having with their new XF and have been somewhat concerned. Coming from an ultra reliable 06 BMW (two dealer visits in two years for annual service) I just hope mine will be okay!

It is fascinating that by and large the majority of XF owners have, or will have, the same satisfactory experience of reliability with their cars as you have had with your BMW.
It is also the case that many posters to a forum such as this will highlight the difficulties they have had with their cars, that is what many think the forum is for, and consequently it will always be the case that a poor impression of the car can be created in the mind of potential buyers.
I was told by the service manager of my servicing dealer that he was new to Jaguar, having recently been recruited from a Mercedes dealership, and that the worries and niggles that XF owners were having are on a par with his experiences with owners of new Mercedes cars. I know from my own experience of BMW that the marque was not perfect by any means.
If you search the BMW and Mercedes Forums you will find that at the outset of a new model similar moans were being expressed by owners about their cars.

Much of the technology in the XF will be found in other makes, the Sat Nav is shared with at least one German maker and parts from Bosch used in the XF will be found in very many vehicles and the list of shared components goes on, not least of which being the engine :!:
So, it may be that your new XF will serve you as well as your BMW has done but one thing is almost certain, if it does you are unlikely to tell us all about it :lol:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
XFCAT said:

Well as for "Ultra reliable BMW" I handed in my 325 M sport convertible, when I collected the XF 2 days ago. I had, had it for 1 year, in that year:

Within first 24hrs, Sealant in-between roof panels squirted out onto them, when roof was first dropped, BMW's response "oh yes that happens, it'll come off when you wash it" This was a £40k car, I dont expect to have black swirls over the roof! BTW they were still there on handover!

Within second week, Blue plastic started to come out from between the front rh wheel arch and body, BMW's response "oh that's just packing material, that shouldn't happen, but does"

After 2 months, boot failed to open.

At 6 months, central locking failed.

At 10 months, electronic steering lock failed and car wouldn't start.
After above failure, BMW updated firmware, now every time we put fob into dash, steering lock would unlock sounding like a ratchet or someone pulling their handbrake on without holding the button.

So, on a whole? It was my first BMW and now my last!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
zx10ben said:
XFCAT said:

Well as for "Ultra reliable BMW" I handed in my 325 M sport convertible, when I collected the XF 2 days ago. I had, had it for 1 year, in that year:

Within first 24hrs, Sealant in-between roof panels squirted out onto them, when roof was first dropped, BMW's response "oh yes that happens, it'll come off when you wash it" This was a £40k car, I dont expect to have black swirls over the roof! BTW they were still there on handover!

Within second week, Blue plastic started to come out from between the front rh wheel arch and body, BMW's response "oh that's just packing material, that shouldn't happen, but does"

After 2 months, boot failed to open.

At 6 months, central locking failed.

At 10 months, electronic steering lock failed and car wouldn't start.
After above failure, BMW updated firmware, now every time we put fob into dash, steering lock would unlock sounding like a ratchet or someone pulling their handbrake on without holding the button.

So, on a whole? It was my first BMW and now my last!
Q.E.D. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had 9 BMWs all in a row each one worse than the one before, then I started buying MBs which are boring (yes even my SLK350) and now the true love of my life the XF.

gary

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
garyxf said:
I jhad 9 BMWs all in a row each one worse than the one before, then I started buying MBs which are boring (yes even my SLK350) and now the true love of my life the XF.

gary
Written by a man who suffered grievous abuse by the Service Dept of a dealer :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hope all goes well on Wednesday. Wish it was me but I still have a few more weeks to wait.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Waylon said:
Hope all goes well on Wednesday. Wish it was me but I still have a few more weeks to wait.
Just enjoy the wait; you will look back on this time as an enjoyable period, promise ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Delivered to my home this morning.

It's great. :cool:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
shapes said:
That looks fantastic. I'm starting to get excited my self as mine is due on the 29th and it's the same colour. :p
You should be beside yourself now :eek:
It would be best if you could look again through the sales brochure etc and see if that helps :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have spoken to the salesman today. My car has arrived in the dealership. Unfortunately i can't get any time off work. So i've got many sleepless nights ahead untill i pick it up on the 29th. :lol:

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
shapes said:
I have spoken to the salesman today. My car has arrived in the dealership. Unfortunately i can't get any time off work. So i've got many sleepless nights ahead untill i pick it up on the 29th. :lol:
Can you not just ask, as many do, and have it delivered to you :?: You could be driving at night then :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
pekem said:
shapes said:
Can you not just ask, as many do, and have it delivered to you :?: You could be driving at night then :)

Unfortunatly i'll still need time of work. Anyway it's all part of the fun.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
shapes said:
pekem said:
shapes said:

Unfortunatly i'll still need time of work. Anyway it's all part of the fun.
You are right; you will look back on this period and wish you could do it again :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts