XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange issue with my gearbox when driving from cold. I reverse my car out of the garage, turn it around and drive to the end of the road. I dont get above 10 mph, but when I reach the junction and take my foot off the accelerator there is quite a severe jolt (as though braking) its like going from 2nd to first when you are going to fast. It only does it once and is then fine thereafter, it just bugs me that it is so consistent and annoying!

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
Has it always done this from new? Reason I ask is it just might be an adaptation to the repeated driving pattern. If so the reason would be the gearbox "learning" that you accelerate away at that point so gives you the gear it thinks you want. This box rarely uses first gear except for rapid take off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has it always done this from new? Reason I ask is it just might be an adaptation to the repeated driving pattern. If so the reason would be the gearbox "learning" that you accelerate away at that point so gives you the gear it thinks you want. This box rarely uses first gear except for rapid take off.
Its always done it from new, it only does it at this particular point and never thereafter, its quite bizzare! Its a bit like when you switch into sport mode whilst decelerating, but more obvious and violent considering its a change from 2nd into 1st!

·
Registered
9,965 Posts
I've noticed this also when crawling in traffic.
I also have felt this with my 6 spd but never with the 8 spd. Also, a gentle bump is all I've felt.

Has this issue been raised with your dealer?

A jolt doesn't seem like normal operation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a strange issue with my gearbox when driving from cold. I reverse my car out of the garage, turn it around and drive to the end of the road. I dont get above 10 mph, but when I reach the junction and take my foot off the accelerator there is quite a severe jolt (as though braking) its like going from 2nd to first when you are going to fast. It only does it once and is then fine thereafter, it just bugs me that it is so consistent and annoying!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts