XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share my (embarassing) experience from yesterday.

I reversed from my space in a very busy car park. I then tried to turn my selector to drive, but it would not move! I decided to switch the engine off and try again but the car would do nothing, with the selector in the raised position and not starting.

I had nothing with me to prise open the flap (why is this so hard to do?), so there I was causing chaos. Nobody could get pass me out of the car park.

To be fair Jaguar Assistance arrived with 20 minutes and got the car moved. Their service was excellent with several phone calls telling me of the technician's and then the transporter's progress.

The car ended up on a transporter back to the dealer and I am told that it could be up to a week for a repair.

The car hire cmpany (Enterprise) were not so good. I had to wait a total of 2 hours for a car to be delivered. I told them I was not too bothered what car they gave me (within reason) but when they said they only had a Ford Ka, I thought they were taking the whatsit!. To cut a long story short, they found a Freelander.

I found it unacceptable to be to be told I had to inspect their car for damages as I would be liable for any scratches I did not notice and report at the time. To go through the stress of the breakdown, the hassle of blocking a busy car park, having my whole day's schedule in shreds to have to go down on my knees to check a hire car for damage was the last straw!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I would forward this post the Jaguar Customer Services if I were you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
To be fair Jaguar Assistance arrived with 20 minutes and got the car moved. Their service was excellent with several phone calls telling me of the technician's and then the transporter's progress.

How very annoying for you, this problem has happened to others I believe, however not myself. The cause and any DIY remedy would be useful knowledge.

I recently used Jaguar Assistance in France and generally they were excellent. However that was when the contract was with Mondial Assistance, since 1st July it has changed to the AA. It is comforting to know that they are also good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
funnily enough i had a similar gear selector problem a few months ago. the car was in for 10 days in total. it's a total pain when it happens as the car is immobile unless you can get it in neutral.

i was lucky with my hire car and they sorted me an XJ - in honesty i would have been happy with a Ka as long as i was mobile. i think the t+cs of Jag Assist don't guarantee you a like for like hire car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts