XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken delivery of my XF yesterday, dealer brought to the house (long story for another day) and we both were unable to get the garage door opener to work - fitted neatly under the drivers mirror, it nearly seems to work... but not quite.

I was wondering if anyone else has this feature - I understand from my dealer it's pretty unusual - and whether they have had an success, also if you can tell me the handset frequency and and other details about the garage door you are opening?

Mine is 433Mhz, Cardale Autoglide (MKIII Handset - the orange one)

Thanks all.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
wellington said:
Taken delivery of my XF yesterday, dealer brought to the house (long story for another day) and we both were unable to get the garage door opener to work - fitted neatly under the drivers mirror, it nearly seems to work... but not quite.

I was wondering if anyone else has this feature - I understand from my dealer it's pretty unusual - and whether they have had an success, also if you can tell me the handset frequency and and other details about the garage door you are opening?

Mine is 433Mhz, Cardale Autoglide (MKIII Handset - the orange one)

Thanks all.
You might try sending a Private Mail to coxwall
He told me that he did have a problem but then went on to say that he contacted the maker of the buttons system in Switzerland or Germany who, for less than £50 sell an adapter to go on the gate control panel - and he hasn't had a problem since :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just to report that I have the garage door opener and have had no problem with it. Programming was straightforward - although it took a few seconds to lock in - and I can control both doors from the rear-view mirror switches. I don't know what the frequences are - nor how to tell!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback!

Do you know if yours is a rolling code system? Easiest way to tell is do you end up running backwards and forwards between the garage and the car when you were programming - pressing the 'learn' button on the garage control. Or did it just work after you locked the handset in?

...still no joy for me.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mine was one of the first cars built with this feature and you are right it is a homelink system. Works fine for me on both my garage at home, the electric gate at the top of the drive and the garage for the carpark at work. All three programmed pretty quickly and it has never forgotten.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wellington,

I followed the instructions in the manual: with the remote near the rear-view mirror I held the button on the door remote down and the car sensor button down for what seemed an age before the sensor peeped. All went fine. No running around. My dealer had offered to do it for me but I didn't have the remote with me. I think that he (at GS Northampton) was expecting me to have problems as he checked back with me later that I'd managed to do it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I think Jaguar need to re-assess how they sell that option. Having been into a Porsche dealer recently and asked about speccing the garage opener he wouldnt allow me to spec it until I had taken in all my model numbers of the garages i wanted to open with it as they will only give you something they guarantee will work. When I specced the Jaguar they just ticked the box and took the money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about this... only after the fact of course. But the homelink website references the same door opener that I have. My next challenge is with the dealer, and somehow proving a signal is coming out of the damn thing...

I'll keep you posted, it won't be for a while I've agreed with the dealer I'll make a list and then they can have the car for a week in August - for obvious reasons ;)

Thanks for the interest in the question!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts