XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two visits to the dealer so far, I go to fill the fecking thing up with diesel and the normal happens. This time I've broken the painted flap so I've driving round with just the bar across the filler.

Anyone truly know of a reliable fix? So far it's all been modified but nothing replaced.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
d4ve said:
Two visits to the dealer so far, I go to fill the fecking thing up with diesel and the normal happens. This time I've broken the painted flap so I've driving round with just the bar across the filler.

Anyone truly know of a reliable fix? So far it's all been modified but nothing replaced.
There is a new bowl out, which should cure the problem.

·
Registered
87 Posts
fuel filler,

I had the same problem as every one else but when i tinkered i found that using the normal amount of pressure at the very far left side of the filler cap along the centre line released it without any problem, a bit of vaseline on the plastic finger that goes into the lock helped as well.

Try it it might be ok on your motor

Regards

Reecy

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just got back from the dealers one of the things being looked at was the fuel flap they tried their no 1 fix that did not work so they replaced the bowl. They also replaced the wheel inserts that someone had kindly swopped for crap ones mentioning no names under warranty.

gary

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, bowl being replaced this week.

Turns out on the first time it went to the dealer the flap opened OK so they did nothing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts