XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had first service in march when a new modified flap was fitted no 3. Everything fine for 5weeks went to refuel last week flap stuck, went to a different dealer today and had it fixed while i waited this is no 4.Has anybody had more and when are jaguar going to get this problem sorted :( other than this XF is superb

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to hear of your fuel filler flap problem.

The local dealer called me a few weeks back and mentioned something about an update. Thinking it was software, I buzzed them only to be told it's hardware. Yes, a filler flap replacement. This was a voluntary action on their part, probably instructed by Jaguar.

My car's flap never gave me problems. After reading your post and those of others with similar frustrations, I'll stay shy of fixing something that isn't broken.

On another note, I've my share of recurring problems on my car, not least are both front window lifts. Both have been changed before and scant months later, the problem recurs. Automatic close refuses to work, window automatically opens when it hits the top. Resetting only resolves the problem temporarily.

The list on my one-year-old baby goes on.

It's a great car when things come together. If only the 3.0 V6 petrol had more grunt and less thirst.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Welcome back mauler; missed you :)

Have the flap done; the modification incorporates a much stronger spring.

·
Registered
204 Posts
pekem said:
Welcome back mauler; missed you :)

Have the flap done; the modification incorporates a much stronger spring.
Thanks, pekem!

I am chewing on whether I ought to get the flap changed. I know it's free but the mantra of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" rings in my head.

Ha ha!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree with the 'If it ain't broke.....' sentiment. If you have never had a problem don't bother, especially as it seems the 'fix' is not completely proven. I wish I hadn't had mine done.... they managed to damage the paintwork around the filler and it ended up going back to be painted properly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is this problem confined to 2.7 models? I was advised to push the flap about 2 inches in from the outer edge as this is the point (right) over the spring catch

·
Registered
204 Posts
BigAndy said:
Is this problem confined to 2.7 models? I was advised to push the flap about 2 inches in from the outer edge as this is the point (right) over the spring catch
Perhaps Jaguar should just put two stickers on the flap: "(1) Push here to open" and "(2) Push here if (1) does not work!" Maybe a measuring scale of sorts so no one has to guess the distance from any edge.

I was told to stay away from the first batch of the first generation of a new car. I didn't listen because of the fact that my old car was up for replacement and the all other available choices were not exciting. The XF presented the best choice. If only I'd listened...

Still, the XF is a brilliant piece of kit when things come together. Dynamically (chassis-wise) it's a great handler. I like the front-end more everyday. Well, the charm's worn off and reality's here to stay for the next four years. Maybe I can bug my boss for a Scirocco. Muahaha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts