XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit disappointed with my fuel consumption. Did a 350 mile round trip at the weekend which the on-board reckoned at 33.8mpg. Bad enough but I did the manual calculation after filling up this morning and worked it out at 29.5 mpg. Admittedly it was with 5 up and a boot full of luggage but about 75% of the journey was on motorway at a reasonable steady speed (which may have been very slightly in excess of the legal limit!).
It did seem a bit lumpy when I started it this mornbing and is not as smooth as it was so maybe I need to visit the dealer to get it checked.

·
Registered
618 Posts
how many miles do you have on it? and i am assuming its the diesel? they will start to bed in after about 1000 miles and get 35ish on a run. It is a heavy car to be honest and the 2.7 engine isnt the most powerful thats why a 3.0 is coming April

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm also disappointed with the fuel consumption. 25mpg for the last 3 tanks after 3500 miles. Admittedly very little motorway driving, generally 10 mile commute on A roads. Average 30mph. Is this in line with other peoples experience?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, forgot to say it is the 2.7 Diesel.

·
Administrator
22,504 Posts
xfpete said:
I'm also disappointed with the fuel consumption. 25mpg for the last 3 tanks after 3500 miles. Admittedly very little motorway driving, generally 10 mile commute on A roads. Average 30mph. Is this in line with other peoples experience?
Your journey may be similar to the "Urban" as far as consumption is concerned, bearing in mind that it will take a while to reach optimum temperature and I doubt that the 10 miles is covered in a straight line. I think that Jaguar claim a consumption figure of 27.1 mpg in Urban conditions and manufacturers consumption figures are often said to be optimistic. If that is so then your 25mpg may be in line with expectations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts